PG Music Home
Have a look at this thread....

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572052#Post572052

Normally BIAB operates as one cell on the chordsheet is one bar.

Using the concept of setting two cells on the chordsheet to be one bar allow for 8 x chords (over the two cells)

To do this....

1. Double the tempo

2. Expand the song using "Edit | Song form" and then "expand duration by 2"

3. Set each Realtrack and each Realdrums timebase settings to "halftime" (as shown on the images in my post at the above thread)

With the above in mind, my wish is to be able to click on a button and have BIAB automatically set up the current style and chordsheet with the above so that 8 x chords per bar are possible.
Absolutely Yes Please.

What a great idea. Excellent thinking and definitely a major benefit to the program

+1

[However, remove the 255 bar limit at the same time (another long term wishlist item) as the number of bars will presumably be halved]
Yes, doing this manually is tedious. Having a button, or at least a menu option where Song Form, Unfold is located, would be very helpful. It would make answering questions here easier, too.

It wasn’t long ago I asked to have adjustable timebases on RealDrums, and we now have it. I’m curious, do all RealTracks have this? Why do I think some are not fully adjustable? I’ll do some checking.
+1

BUT I can already hear the complaints; it doesn't look right in notation or when I drag it into my DAW.

This is a great suggestion but a better one, IMHO, is to rewrite the program to include 8 chords per measure, as well as a lot of other improvements.
+1.

I like the concept behind the idea, especially if the idea would be implemented as a F5 setting.

My main concern is what if a user does not want all the existing tracks to switch to half time? There might be a time when it is desirable to have one or more tracks remain at normal time; for instance if the chord is held. The one command solution does not address variations.
Mario, I agree.

If it is going to work, it has to be implemented correctly, and work correctly.
© PG Music Forums