PG Music Home
Maybe this belongs in "questions" not in request section...

I had issue with style previews a few weeks back. Pipeline suggested that I overwrite whole preview folder (4+gb) from HD to computer. It worked... But couple of days ago I was browsing styles and noticed some previews were "not available". Unfortunately I did not take note on the missing previews.

Request: I wish there was a mechanism to keep this Preview folder synced to the most recent/complete version...

P.S. I realize that some folks would not want an extra 5gb on their HD, if they have a slim version of BIAB... But hey, it is 2020, 5gb is reasonable enough to have all up to date previews.
Hey Rustyspoon#,

I'm going to ask some colleagues to see if there is some sort of easy method of keeping this preview folder synced.

In the meantime, have you used the "Play using current chordsheet for song" option for previewing Styles? It's right above the controls for the premade demo in the StylePicker window, in case you or others are anfamiliar with it.

Cheers
David,
Thank you for reply.
I realize that this might be tricky.
I believe Native Instruments (in Komplete) has the preview file folder that syncs to their online "master" set once in a while.

I think the easiest solution for PG would be to have the updated and complete downloadable "preview files" folder somewhere on the site that also would have info on exact size when unpacked. And so that folder gets updated if previews are changed or added. So if your (my) folder is less, I would just download and replace whole preview folder.

P.S. Thank you for the tip on "Play using current chordsheet for song" next time I will try that if style preview is missing.
Rustyspoon#,

PG Music use to offer demo files in the support section but now incorporate the files into the Band-in-a-Box updates.

You can read more about it in +++ THIS +++ post.

I can't find the post but I seem to remember a PG Music person posting that demo files are embedded into multiple updates to keep the size of each download manageable.

Note that the size of the demo file download mentioned in the link above is 1.6 GB and it stopped at the 2015 new product release. I can't even imagine what the size of the file would be five new product releases later.

Since all the demo files are not presently available for offline playback I would assume more updates and product improvements are scheduled. smile
About 4.5GB smile

Which is very "affordable" unless you are on mobile or DSL.
Single zipped file - all demos, updated when demos are updated. So no searching around for missing bits and pieces or playing "from internet".

Download->replace
I agree there is something to this request, especially if it's possible to have an incomplete collection. +1

I'm not sure what the right solution would be but I would prefer to be able to specify where my previews were. They could be downloaded, or Internet-based to save space (with the understanding that there will be more of a pause when retrieving a preview).
Worthy of consideration.
+1
+1
Oh,

I notice I was soooo busy explaining I forgot to say I do, or do not, support. Oops!

+1
Bump
and another suggestion on the topic.
If for some (strange) reason preview audition is only available through internet, have option of saving that missing preview from "right there" in RT picker.

I think the best (most user friendly) way to deal with this would be to "Sync and download missing previews" right from BIAB. So it compares list of what you have and downloads missing bits to preview folder.
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Bump
and another suggestion on the topic.
If for some (strange) reason preview audition is only available through internet, have option of saving that missing preview from "right there" in RT picker.

I think the best (most user friendly) way to deal with this would be to "Sync and download missing previews" right from BIAB. So it compares list of what you have and downloads missing bits to preview folder.

Perhaps all previews to be local is worthy of a new posting topic, but nevertheless, a good idea.

+1
Plus 1

The demo SGU files are great tutorials in their own right and valuable as songwriting prompts too.
© PG Music Forums