PG Music Home
Hi Folks.
Here is a wish... Not a major one, but seems it would make things cleaner. Why not combine RealTracks, RealDrums and Loops under one menu (picker) to unify view? Possibly "tabs" view at picker. Also, some loops are great, but looking for the right one is a tricky task. Perhaps sort by style, tempo,(percussion, fx, synth etc.,) again under some form of unified view?
Good idea. I can understand why RealDrums and RealTracks are currently separate, because RealDrums were introduced first. However, done correctly, some consolidation could be beneficial.
+1
+1 that is the same suggestion I had for the Biab Plugin (ToDoList #874) as the pickers just read a database file so rather than opening the certain picker window in BBW4 running in the background the Plugin could read the database file directly allowing the demos to be played directly with the DAW audio rather than BBW4 using Windows Media Player that may not be available, it would then just send the chosen track info to BBW4.
Your idea of tabs is good !
+1
+1. By using tabs if a user clicked on the RealDrums, RealTracks or Loops button then the consolidated picker could open to the selected tab. Nice idea.
Some of the most scattered things in BIAB are track pickers. To my surprise, it is extremely awkward to choose an individual track from hundreds (or more) BIAB in-house MIDI styles.

One big annoyance with BIAB, especially with new members is GUI. I believe that having a single tabbed track picker for RT, RD, Loops and MIDI (all with previews) would get rid of many unnecessary "boxes", hiding places and multi-tier menus. Also a more intuitive approach, as all "creative" content will be in one place.

So, everything what was said in earlier replies + Midi track picker tab added.
+1 again.
Maybe you can create one of those great example GUI's like you did for the Plugin.

Also they all need the search filter and play demo button in the same place, see how the RealTracks picker has the Play up the top and search at the bottom, then the drums has the Play at the bottom and search at the top.

Attached picture BB-Pickers2.png
I rarely use loops, since it takes forever to audition them to find something that fits. I’d like to see some kind of starting point, such as categories or examples/demos of loops that compliment even tempos, swing styles, etc. One example might be loops that fit Bossa styles. Given that, I can run with it from there.
The Choose from Presets Picker, if you had that in a Tab in the MultiPicker and when you press the Play button to preview the Drums or Instrument, it will play the midi info directly from the style so you won't need a ton of audio demos.

Would there be a Tab to choose any drum or instrument from keyboard styles PSR STY etc.. ??

You can do that in JJazzLab and Reaper, you can open your song SGU MGU in JJazzLab or Reaper and create a Drum or instrument track from any keyboard style to fit your chords and part markers of your song SGU, change to any style at any bar,
then just drag n drop into Biab.

© PG Music Forums