PG Music Home
When adding or changing chords in the chord grid, and double clicking on bar, it regenerates tracks automatically, playing with changes made. But when subtracting (deleting) chords, it does not automatically regenerate (accepts deletion changes) unless "regeneration" button is pressed.

If it was just simply missed, please add automatic re-generation on bar click to start playing project after deletion of chords as we have it when adding/changing chords.

Thank you.
This bears testing. You are correct, any change to the chord grid should prompt a regeneration.

Just checking, are you on Build 721?

EDIT: I just tried it, and after deleting a chord, my song regenerated.

Misha

I tried and I was able to reproduce your findings.

Very basic, I started off with | C | F | C | G | and double-clicked the first bar. The chord sequence played correctly.

I then deleted the F chord, giving | C | <blank> | C | G | and double-clicked the first bar. The title bar showed the word generating but the chord sequence played C, F, C, G instead of the expected C, C, C, G.

I think it's an "operational issue" that needs fixing, especially as I saw the word 'Generating'.

I’ll check again. All I looked for was if the song regenerated. What Videotrack is describing is worse.
I reported it to the developers. Hopefully this is not difficult for them to reproduce and resolve.
Matt,
changes-yes, subtractions work only when "regeneration" button is pressed, not by clicking on the bar as with other "changes"
VideoTrack got it right.

It was like that from the start. This is not an issue I am going to cry about, but it is mid of the year, devs probably have the software spread like a frog under microscope, if it is not difficult, please fix.

Thank you.
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#

It was like that from the start. This is not an issue I am going to cry about, but it is mid of the year, devs probably have the software spread like a frog under microscope, if it is not difficult, please fix.

Yes, definitely. So long as they fix my long term outstanding issues first ( wink )
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
It was like that from the start.
It was? I rather think we would have noticed. If you are correct, then yours is an excellent find.
Forgot to mention,
I think it is a good idea of add this "auto regeneration on click" when adding or subtracting part (part maker) too, as you would get if adding a chord.
I wish it would NEVER regenerate the song unless I tell it too, unless it is a MIDI track and the regeneration is instant.

It is so annoying to wait for a RealTracks regeneration when I still had some more chord changes to make. This is why I usually keep the tracks frozen while modifying the chords. Then I unfreeze them when I am ready.
© PG Music Forums