PG Music Home
Hi,

The bulk MIDI file export option is great, however it always exports the entire form (unless I am mistaken).

I would much like to be able to export all the BIAB files from a directory as MIDI files, but with only one chorus in the export (IOW, the form of the tune, just once).

Thanks!
If you highlight just the bars you want then drag the track to DROP MID it will give you just those bars.
Thanks for the tip about muting the Master to get only the BB Chord Output track.
It would be good if they had a drag export for the BB Chord Output Track.
Thanks for your comments Pipeline!

BTW, I notice that BIAB does currently have a 'Choose Range' dialog accessible via the 'Set Range ...' button in the 'Choose Destinatin for Standard MIDI File' dialog.

The 'Choose Range' dialog lets the user set a range for export (e.g. the single chorus as I have requested), and this works when exporting a single file.

However, the 'Choose Range' settings are ignored during a Batch Export.

If Batch Export could be wired up to respect 'Choose Range' that would be in keeping with the current design.

Note that the goal would include the Batch Export being aware of how long a Chorus is for each Song, as that will differ.

Cheers!
Hi,

I'm still very interested to see BIAB add the capabilities:

1. drag export for the BB Chord Output Track

2. Batch Export to respect 'Choose Range'
Yes it defiantly needs that !
You can open the SGU in C:\bb\BBPlugin\Files\Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Standalone.exe
In C:\bb\Data\bbpluginchords.txt this will allow custom voicings
Quote:
; This file allows you to set voicings for the block chords used when exporting
; chords as markers. The file bbpluginchords.txt should be used only by PG Music.
; You can enter this on a single like (without the quotes) 'CMaj = G,C,E'.
; The first note will be the bass note (ie: C/G). Do it for the key of C and the
; program will automatically transpose it for all other keys.

; Separate notes with a comma ','.
; Any line that does not begin with 'C' will be ignored.
; Valid notenames: C, C#, Db, D, D#, Eb, E, F, F#, Gb, G, G#, Ab, A, A#, Bb, B

; Here's an example that will set all major triads to be in root position.

C = C,E,G

Attached File
BBPlugin-C7.gif  (11 downloads)
© PG Music Forums