PG Music Home
Posted By: bowlesj Humanizing Melody to match Style Changes - 06/16/20 08:29 PM
Hi,this started out as a question at thread post
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=84129&Number=602258#Post602258

As the posts progressed I realized at post #4 of the thread that it could probably be programmed to the same effect without that much difficulty and you would likely see the value in this change to your product. So it morphs into a low priority request for "Humanizing Melody to match Style Changes that occur within the song". See post #4 of that thread for my thoughts on how your programmers might do this. Somewhere in the thread I mention tracking filled out 1/8th note triplets, 1/4 note triplets and 1/16ths properly regardless of style.

This might impact the programming. I changed styles two different ways in two different songs. Once using the section markers (the things that change colour) and once just recently using the Bar Settings which seems easier and much more flexible. I will probably always do this from now on using the second method.

Thanks,
John
+1 When creating a song that has a mixture of swing and straight feel, it would be nice to be able to use a F5 setting to "humanize" on a bar-to-bar basis
I can see benefits from this transitional approach.
+1
+1 "When creating a song that has a mixture of swing and straight feel"

P.S. Probably requires some very tricky programming, but at the end you can have a more interesting backing plus more variations in style / RT mixing.
Posted By: bowlesj Re: Humanizing Melody to match Style Changes - 06/20/20 01:33 PM
Dzjang has also given a +1 for this idea in the original question thread I created. Sounds like it will help with sales :-)
© PG Music Forums