PG Music Home
Posted By: TerryB Real Drum individual instrument controlsit - 08/05/20 06:57 PM
It would be nice if we could edit the individual real drum instruments in Real Tracks. While they sound good and sit in the mix fairly well the way PG records them when you are using BIAB to create parts that you are going to use as loops in your DAW with other instruments it would be nice to have the ability to have more control over volume, EQ and be able to apply panning and effects to the individual instruments. i.e. Bass, Toms, Cymbals High Hat etc.

Thanks,

Terry
+1

I've always called these the individual parts of a drum kit. Some call them drum stems.

Yes, agreed. While the mix is generally very good, having the ability to individually control these would be a worthwhile addition.

+1
+1 should of been done years ago
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=247201
but maybe it's due to opposition of new ideas that keeps BB/RB in the past.
+1

I agree wholeheartedly.

Hopefully, our wish will come true.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Real Drum individual instrument controlsit - 08/06/20 09:38 PM
+1

That would be awesome!!! A dream come true!
+1 As I've mentioned on other theads, at a minimum if we could get the snare & kick on their own tracks it would be a big help.
Having the ability to do pans/mix tweeks on the entire kit would be awesome, not sure how "reasonable" of a request it is. The main two things I find myself wanting to adjust most often in the drums is the kick & snare.
+1
+1

I think it would be good to have control over all the drums in a kit including cymbals. I often find that I would like a louder Ride cymbal in the Soloist parts of a song (louder than the green style variation Ride) + louder snare.
It would be quite a feat to record each individual drum, cymbal and whatnot in something like a sound isolated chamber . . .
I'm hoping that they've already made at least some of the original recordings like that, and therefore that they might have an ability to move in this direction in the future.

It would be quite neat. No question.
Originally Posted By: MartinB
It would be quite a feat to record each individual drum, cymbal and whatnot in something like a sound isolated chamber . . .

Not sure anyone is suggesting that. Just the same concept used in a recording session with a real drummer. Individual mics on kick, snare, OHs, toms, etc.
Sure there's bleed, but that's normal and can be worked with & around. Having the ability to add more kick, less ride cymbal, snare, etc. AND having the flexibility to EQ & tweak the sounds of each would be an extreme benefit.

Not sure how feasible it is, but it would be great.
I think this is the most wished for feature. There was a time when this would’ve seemed beyond them scope of BIAB. But the technology is such today that it shouldn’t be that difficult.

I would also like a feature where you could lock in the basic drum part and then choose numerous fills at different points. They should include accents, fills, rolls, etc.
© PG Music Forums