PG Music Home
After an upgrade the style list will not function properly unless I do a rebuild so please just do it automatically! I spent several minutes tonight after upgrading trying to sort the list of styles and I totally missed the little message saying sorting cannot happen until I rebuild.

Please just rebuild the list automatically!

And, to all of those poised to reply "It has already been requested!", yes, I know! Maybe another request will help!
Pleased to offer another +1
Agreed. Yes, I’ve been saying this for awhile. I suggested an automatic Fast Rebuild. Jford pointed out the Slow Rebuild, which includes third party styles, is nearly as fast. So

+1

for an automatic Slow Rebuild after any update that contains new styles or tracks.
+1 for a slow rebuild.

Maybe after an install a window could pop up offering three options; no rebuild, fast rebuild, and slow rebuild. Or maybe just the latter two options.
Mario, John convinced me, “slow is the way to go”.

As a famous company says, “Just do it”.

Of course, only on updates that need it. Not all patches contain new tracks or styles.
I suspect that whole fast/slow thing is a remnant from a time period when we used steam-powered computers! On my nothing-special-middle-of-the-road computer the slow and fast are about the same amount of time.

Just do a complete rebuild automatically when I upgrade instead of detecting I need it and telling me to do it! As Matt said "Just do it".
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Mario, John convinced me, “slow is the way to go”.

As a famous company says, “Just do it”.

Of course, only on updates that need it. Not all patches contain new tracks or styles.

Since I only do slow rebuilds I had no idea that the rebuild time was about the same as a fast rebuild.

So slow it is!
I don't really know what the time difference would be, but if 7,000+ integrated styles fast rebuilds in around 30 seconds, then the slow build can't take much longer, unless of course someone has thousands of user styles.

Build the lot: +1
+1
+1
YES it's a real pain in the asss, I didn't install any new styles I just updated the the exe, can't it just leave the existing database alone and only rebuild if I ask it to.
Yes, do the update automatically.
YES PLEEEEEASE
Look, I just went to sort by Genre and...

Attached picture BB-Style-Rebuild.png
Yes, another vote for automation.
It seems that if the system cannot operate correctly without the rebuild, then it should be performed automatically by the system, not manually by the user.

+1
I would like an option to just rebuild the user styles. I have less than 50 user styles that I change occasionally. When I do, however, I don't need to rebuild the PGM styles, just mine. It doesn't take long, I know, but it just seems unnecessary.

One more style wish - give us the ability to have our user styles in a separate sub-folders of the main STYLES folder. It would be so much easier to manage
Dave,

+1 for both of your ideas.

I worry the impact of your request will become diminished as it is buried inside this post. I will be happy to support your post again should you start a new post.
I am sure I have in the distant past requested both. Obviously neither has gained traction with PGM.

Both, I suspect were introduced with the new style picker - shame.
+1
© PG Music Forums