PG Music Home
Posted By: Pipeline We will implement every sensible request... - 08/26/20 07:24 PM
Quote:
Feel free to post feature requests about RapidComposer in this thread , or start a new thread.
We will implement every sensible request, as it happened in the past.

Thank you,
Attila

Well that saves waiting 1-10+ years, it's just constant day in day out development, no throwing coins in a wishing well, waiting to see what xmas brings, disappointment cry or joy laugh
Pipeline,
it beats me too. I am pretty confident there is an army of young coders that are hungry for work/gig that can do the tedious work, and whoever is at the steering wheel could supervise.

Plugin surely making progress, and will be used by many... in time. However plugin is just a shell, inviting a pretty big piece of software (BIAB) into a DAW. It is not your "single instrument" VST smile For the most part, BIAB standalone is my tool of choice which I would like to see taken a few big steps higher before I lose remaining voice and hair.

I believe there are some efficiency issues preventing many good things from happening at faster pace. Simple example of this, downloadable upgrades. Sure, first time buyers might find 120gb download unacceptable, but most people who "upgrade", even audiophile, can download only missing bits. I am only guessing how many work hours, energy and postage can be saved just by doing that, which could be invested in development...

One more example. Many people, even veterans are confused about all the packages PG has to offer. Why not make a built-in checker, right in BIAB to see what you have...and what you could have (with previews!)? Eliminating confusion, saving work hours(!), and which will most likely translate in boosting sales?

These are just basic examples that sit on top that can help to allocate more resources to development, not sacrificing anything sensitive.

For the most part, folks here are fiends of music and friends of this wonderful software, maybe in our passive way we help.
Quote:
I am pretty confident there is an army of young coders that are hungry for work/gig that can do the tedious work, and whoever is at the steering wheel could supervise.

YES, Adar is going great with the BiabVST, Win & Mac at the same time but needs to wait for PG to work on BBW4 (that runs in the background), if Adar could do the BB coding also I think it would be all quickly implemented.

I posted way back about getting away from 90's Delphi to C++ but that turned into a massive fight, I barely got out alive.
So I think it looks like they are stuck with that, unless Adar eventually down the track moves all the necessary Delphi code from BBW4 into the C++ BiabVST, as this is what RapidComposer has now done so it's all in the actual Plugin.

Originally Posted By: musicdevelopments

Originally Posted By: como baila

And this would be the 'BIG' feature that would propel your program to the top of the charts: create a midi VSTi plugin version that could run directly within a DAW like Cubase.

Harmony Improvisator or 7Aliens Catanya are examples of this approach ... but implemented at an infinitely inferior level compared to your program.

Como

Thanks for all the requests. The VSTi plug-in version would not be too much work...

Thank you!
Attila

see the original RapidComposerVST was just a small vst that synced RapidComposer app to any DAW, this is the same thing I suggested for Biab in this thread: A VST to send Tempo/Play/Stop/Loop/Continue to main Biab app from DAW
but there is no reply saying:
Quote:
Thanks for all the requests. The VSTi plug-in version would not be too much work...

Originally Posted By: Musicdevelopments

Thanks for your very kind comment smile , and for being so helpful and enthusiastic for so many years.
Definitely no boardroom meetings :uhuhuh:
Attila

Quote:
crossovercable wrote: ↑
Every few days since it's release 10 years ago there has been fixes and new features added.
The development decisions don't have to go up through a hierarchy to be discussed in a boardroom meeting.
I think we are actually communicating with a higher being from another planet that has tapped into our internet, Attila is just the earthly name smile

The day to day development has an interactive flow.
© PG Music Forums