PG Music Home
Posted By: Brille Tempo change with F5 in absolute values - 09/21/20 07:09 AM
It would be very helpful to have the possibility to change the tempo with F5 not only by percentage steps, but also by absolute values.

As an example: if I want to have a 30 % slower tempo for 4 bars, I enter -30 in the first of the four bar. This changes the tempo to 70% of the original tempo of the piece. To get back to exactly the original tempo, I would have to enter +142.8671 ... in to the fifth bar, which is not possible and not exact.

It would be much better to specify a percentage in relation to the original tempo, i.e. in the sense of 70% of the tempo or 100% of the tempo, instead of specifying a "Deceleration in percent".
Yes, the percentage change the second time is not the same as the first. I wonder if we could set what the starting tempo is and then have an ‘a tempo’ command available. Then tempos are relative, so if we decide to change the starting tempo we would not need to seek out places and do the math to restore the original tempo.
I concur that the ‘a tempo’ would be the 'musically' correct way to restore to the original song's tempo.

This could therefore be improved.

+1
Posted By: MarioD Re: Tempo change with F5 in absolute values - 09/21/20 10:36 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I concur that the ‘a tempo’ would be the 'musically' correct way to restore to the original song's tempo.

This could therefore be improved.

+1

+1
© PG Music Forums