PG Music Home
Posted By: CRAZYSAX Count-In while Looping - 09/28/20 09:54 PM
The goal of band in a box has always been since over 25 years ago when I started using it is to teach musicians how to better play music of any size. Any decent semi-pro or professional musician will tell you while they spend hours practicing, the most common way to learn a larger work of music is to break it down the smaller sections and at slower tempos. While looping a section/passage for drilling there needs to be a Count-In feature that "Counts-In" 1x per/loop.

This is crucial for 2 MAIN Reasons:
1. When you highlight the BARS/CHORDS to Practice, then press F10 Shortcut Key to begin Loop there is NO TIME to get your instrument/mind situated before beginning to play

2. In similar fashion as above when you are drilling passage into the ground and need a break in between each loop for you to recompose yourself before attempting to repeat the selected loop/passage.

This is another reason for a Count-In feature while looping. All you musicians and BIAB lovers out there... Your support is vital to the successful implementation of this feature. Please and Thank You!!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Count-In while Looping - 09/28/20 10:37 PM
I can see how having a count-in before the first bar of a loop, even if the loop itself is one bar, would be beneficial in certain circumstances.

So +1 (I support) with the limitation that the user should be able to enable or disable the count-in feature.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Count-In while Looping - 09/28/20 10:40 PM
I think that has been requested many times.
Is this what you want to do in Biab ?
Watch: BiabVST-Loop-Count-In.mp4
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Count-In while Looping - 09/29/20 09:02 AM
Good point. I remember asking for this type of count in about 8 years ago.

Another +1
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Count-In while Looping - 09/29/20 09:36 AM
Thanks VT you are correct and I found my post in your thread with the 38,000 views, I forgot I made this:
Count-In based on actual time-signature of first bar
This can be modified easily with an F10 button under the Start button to count-in and play the selected loop section:

Watch: BB-AHK-Count-In.mp4
Posted By: MarioD Re: Count-In while Looping - 09/29/20 10:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I can see how having a count-in before the first bar of a loop, even if the loop itself is one bar, would be beneficial in certain circumstances.

So +1 (I support) with the limitation that the user should be able to enable or disable the count-in feature.

+1 for this.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Count-In while Looping - 09/29/20 11:43 PM
Here's an updated tool to include Loop Start
Remove .mp4 and unzip
Download > Biab Count-In with Loop Start.zip.mp4

Watch: BB-AHK-Count-In & Start Loop.mp4

If you are running Biab As Administrator:
To run script only .ahk install https://www.autohotkey.com/ and set AutoHotKey.exe to Run As Administrator
To run .exe set to Run As Administrator

This uses the system audio for the count-in beeps so if Biab is set to use the same Audio Device, un-check the Always On in Device Driver.

Posted By: jdgm Re: Count-In while Looping - 11/25/20 10:12 PM
Hello
I've just joined the forums. I recently upgraded to BIAB 2020 for Win10.
This loop count-in sounds like just what I want but I can't figure it out. I can download it and get WinRAR to open it but it's still an .mp4 video file which VLC player tries unsuccessfully to play.
How do I add it to BIAB?
Thanks - sorry if I'm being dumb.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Count-In while Looping - 11/25/20 10:44 PM
"Remove .mp4 and unzip"
Windows might scan it first then it will open.

Attached picture mp4-to-zip.gif
Posted By: balbuena Re: Count-In while Looping - 11/26/20 05:51 AM
Hello
many thanks for the download link and information.
Posted By: shlind Re: Count-In while Looping - 11/26/20 07:54 AM
A "Count-In while Looping" function as described in the beginning/start of this thread would be very nice to have. Would be very useful when practising.
Posted By: jdgm Re: Count-In while Looping - 11/27/20 08:48 PM
Got it now and pinned to taskbar. Excellent.
Thankyou very much.
Posted By: Afrolatinlounge Re: Count-In while Looping - 03/04/23 12:35 PM
Still waiting for the loop count-in feature in BIAB!
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Count-In while Looping - 03/04/23 08:08 PM
> Still waiting for the loop count-in feature in BIAB!

Thanks for the reminder. And has been added to the list.
Posted By: Afrolatinlounge Re: Count-In while Looping - 12/31/23 11:45 AM
Hi Peter,
Strangely enough I'm not able to find this feature in BIAB 2024 wink
© PG Music Forums