PG Music Home
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Improve Style Picker Search Features - 11/18/20 12:30 AM
Currently I can choose a setting for,

Category
TimeSig
Feel
Tempo
Type
Other

But I would love to see this enhanced by changing each of the dropdown menus into windows that contain checkboxes. For example, instead of clicking Category and choosing Pop Ballad, I could choose Pop Ballad, Pop Piano Ballad, and Country Ballad all in one search. To do that currently I would have to change my search criteria three times and each time could not compare the results.

Oh and make my selections sticky so when I return the same ones are pre-selected. And give me a clear all search parameters button. Maybe even let me indicate which ones to keep sticky like the Never Show Jazz option!
Posted By: shlind Re: Improve Style Picker Search Features - 11/18/20 08:01 PM
I agree.

The search function and options need to be more efficient. So much time is spent trying to navigate to find the styles of intrest. It must be possible to do a more tight and efficient search function.

Also there seem to be a problem with the column sorting. I expect the columns to be sorted alfabetically when klicking on column head but they seem to be sorted in chunks eg klicking on Genre it will show a chunk with all eg country styles then something else and later down the list another chunk with country etc. I would expect to have all the same genre sorted together. It is the same problem with sorting most columns-
© PG Music Forums