PG Music Home
If the inability to regenerate RealTracks in the Utility tracks is tied to old systems not being able to handle more tracks being generated, then make it an option in Preferences to permit all or some utility tracks to regenerate, so that the user can decide if his system can handle the extra load.
If it is an option to regenerate or not to regenerate each and every utility track then +1
Hmm.. if real RTs are coming to utility tracks soon, I think they should act as normal RT mixer tracks. If there is no content or it(they) are frozen they would not regenerate by default?

As I am getting used to new mixer, it lets you select which tracks are present in the mixer. I assume the ones are not selected, will not regenerate.

But, sure +1 to have that option for loyal customers that have slow machines. I guess a more of comfort safeguard thing... If that is slowing development.
I agree until it’s tracks should be able to generate. I remember discussion that this is coming. To me it is a cool feature for those who want complete projects in the “box”.

If I were in charge I would have not added 16 utility tracks. I would have added 8 “style” type tracks giving a total of 16 that could generate RT/midi. That would have been a really good setup. Maybe add one or two extra audio tracks to add wave files, or record vocals on
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms

If I were in charge I would have not added 16 utility tracks. I would have added 8 “style” type tracks giving a total of 16 that could generate RT/midi. That would have been a really good setup. Maybe add one or two extra audio tracks to add wave files, or record vocals on

I would do the same.
With Build 804, if I understand it correctly, what I hope for is now available, so I set this suggestion to "resolved." I will get my copy on Monday and after I install it I will update to 804 and give it a try. This is very exciting.
Don and All,

+++ HERE +++ is a link to a YouTube video that describes the Build 804 updates including the generate on a Utility Track suggestion you made.
Yes, I've seen that. Mind blown. The possibilities inside of BIAB for more tracks, of regenerating those tracks, of editing those tracks, of having multiple takes so easily available ... holy cow!
They really are. I’ve been able to do some amazing stuff already, without leaving BIAB.
© PG Music Forums