PG Music Home
Posted By: XeScience Repeat Problem Band in a Box 2008 - 12/12/09 06:09 AM
Hello, I'm new here, and I'm just having some trouble with getting my chords to repeat... I set everything up for a tune, and the changes are all typed in with the repeats, but when the computer gets to the repeat, it only plays the first chord again.. and again.. and again.. until it reaches the second ending in which it sparks back up again. So, for example... I could hav

[C, A, D, G]
1st ending [C C](here it repeats back to the start)
2nd ending [E, A blah blah the rest of it]...

So the first repeats just not working, it will keep playing C until it reaches the second ending then it starts in with the rest. Any ideas?
Posted By: allis Re: Repeat Problem Band in a Box 2008 - 12/12/09 07:26 AM
You're not quite understanding how repeats work in BiaB, so you have left your repeated section empty. This happens to everybody at first.

The situation is being obscured by Fake Mode display that buries the repeated section behind. If you uncheck "fake mode" in your chord window, the repeat will unfold and show you the hidden blank measures with no chords. Fill 'em up and wail on. You can just copy the chords from the first repeated section; it's dead quick and easy to correct.

For next time, you should know this question is in the wrong forum section. "Wish List" is for features or improvements you'd like to see in the program in future. More potential helpers will see your question in Band in a Box section.

Posted By: XeScience Re: Repeat Problem Band in a Box 2008 - 12/12/09 08:15 AM
Ooooo Thanks man! And sure, no problem I kinda was wonderin if this forumn had different sections, I'll check next time =) sryy I'm a total BiaB newb.. anyways good night to any of you ppl still up in the Eastern Time Zone
© PG Music Forums