PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Band-in-a-Box Signal Flow Block Diagram - 02/22/21 04:23 PM
PG Music,

My request is for two signal flow block diagrams for Band-in-a-Box.

One signal flow block diagram should describe how digital audio enters, is generated and exits through each Band-in-a-Box mixer track. The block diagram should include each tracks' four slots.

The second signal flow diagram should describe how MIDI data enters, is generated and leaves each mixer track. Again, the block diagram should include each tracks' four slots

The 2021 mixer adds a greatly expanded track list including inclusion of the THRU track, 16 utility tracks, the default program synth track and the master track. Each of these new additions has a different process for handling audio and MIDI.

Signal flow diagrams have a long tradition in the recording industry with many hardware devices and software programs including signal flow block diagrams either in documentation or on the device itself.

It is much easier to troubleshoot sound issues when there is a clear understanding of how audio moves through a program.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Hi there Jim! Thanks for this suggestion - I'll go ahead and pass it along as a feature request!
Excellent idea, Jim.
I asked for something similar a number of years ago, but the request never got off the ground.

Imagine how much easier it would be to assist users if they could post their connectivity diagram.

Definitely a very big +1
Ember, thank you for passing along the suggestion. I will be happy to answer any questions should there be any questions. Just post the question in this thread or directly contact me via the e-mail address listed in my profile.

Trevor, I remember a request but did not remember you posted it. If you can find it it would be great to post a link in this thread so PG Music can easily see this is a long running request.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Trevor, I remember a request but did not remember you posted it. If you can find it it would be great to post a link in this thread so PG Music can easily see this is a long running request.

Hi Jim
This was the original post from 2013
Yep,

Your original is definitely an oldie but a goodie; started in 2013, updated in 2020, Pipeline provided flowchart software to ease the process. Many of the users that supported your thread still frequent the forum so support for your suggestion, and mine, still exists.
Yes, another +1

In diagnosing problems with digital audio, you have to know the signal flow.
+1

Echoes on older thread. Definitely a nice idea for troubleshooting.
What about some sort of a "bypass" / passthrough mechanism(s) right on/from the diagram? For same troubleshooting reasons.
© PG Music Forums