PG Music Home
I've been using biab for about 6months now. I have to say I was disappointed in the mac version vs the windows version. For one,unless I'm doing something wrong, the only type of files/tracks you can import is midi--whereas on the windows version you can import just about anything including vocal tracks. This was a huge disappointment to me. I worked around it but it took forever. another biggie is the lyrics--are you kidding me? When you go through the windows tutorial it shows how to add lyrics and print out a very professional looking leadsheet--which you need for copyrighting. So as a songwriter I thought I was getting the whole package. Needless to say if you have tried the lyrics on the mac version it's a huge letdown. No multi-note to syllable options,etc. I am hoping that pgmusic will address these two major issues--soon. If anyone has a fix for either of these 2 items please let me know. Part of my problem is that I'm a drummer/lyricist/songwriter by nature, so having to figure out the chords and melody notes is a real chore for me. I've also been researching wav to midi file converters for mac. Widi and Audioscore make a program so I downloaded the demo's--but have not had alot of luck with either. I guess that's enough ranting for now.
agree, but I think that the Mac ver is still in "catchup" mode from that loooong period in which we only saw v12.

As for needing a leadsheet being a "must have" for copyrighting, I would disagree on that point and so does the US Copyright office. Although different countries may have different submission constraints, most get together every so often to create an internationally even situation.

http://www.copyright.gov/

We can still submit sheets but can also submit as recording, etc. and get the same treatment.

I submit sheets when it is an arrangement, score, etc. but I can't use even the Windows version of BiaB for that, because it is not a fullblown notation software suite anyway. Sibelius rules.

The Windows version of BiaB comes in very handy for creating fast Leadsheets and Fakesheets to pass out at combo rehearsals and the like, though and I feel that the Macintosh version sorely needs that feature as well. And if you want to submit to copyright office as fakesheet, you should have that feature.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums