PG Music Home
Hi PGM

nice we have the sorting via press of a column header.
Why is the display not imidiately set to the beginning of the list either to the smalles or the highes value.
I can not imagine, that it makes sense to most (all) people if the songlist is not immediately shown starting at the beginning of the sorted values.

I find itannoying, that I have to aim for the scroll bar on the right side and drag it completly up the list to get to the start of the sorting result.....
My guess is, that most of the users would share that and would love to have the sort start right at the beginning of the sorted attribute on top of the list. This is a very easy thing to adjust in my opinion.

Please fix this odd behaviour..... :-)

Cheers
Stefan
If we are talking about that song picker that shows up when you press the SONG button, It does that already. So it’s strange that you’re not seeing that behavior, unless we are talking about different windows. When I click on a new column to sort, it scrolls up to the highest one in the list.

As an aside, windows explorer doesn’t do that, and when you sort it, the scroll bar is not sent to the top.
If you are talking about the stylepicker, yes it behaves like windows explorer and keeps the currently selected style as the highlighted one. People asked for that behavior, because they don’t like to lose their selected style.

> I find itannoying, that I have to aim for the scroll bar on the right side and drag it completly up the list to get to the start of the sorting result

This is not required, as there is a dedicated button [^] above the scroll bar in the stylepicker that sends the scroll bar to the top
I believe this is designed to work so that any currently selected item remains visible in the display area when sorting.
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
This is not required, as there is a dedicated button [^] above the scroll bar in the stylepicker that sends the scroll bar to the top

Peter, thanx for pointing that out. I didn't know that. That solves my problem.
Mine too Peter.

I fact, the song picker works perfectly (now?! - my fault).
And with the caret symbol above the scrollbar, that fixes also my needs.

thanks for shedding light here Peter :-)

No request anymore.....

Cheers Stefan
© PG Music Forums