PG Music Home
Echoing earlier discussion. This is my idea / wish for bar controls of all tracks including Utility Tracks. Since I believe there is a real limit to bar beat "type in" space, this seems like a coherent idea. Bar settings (as we know it) and Shots, holds, rests, pushes are all related to Bar settings. So why not join them together for a more streamlined editing?

P.S. Ohh yes, I also think "chord builder" should be also a "tabbed" item at Bar settings...but that is next wish list idea smile

Attached picture holdsatbar.gif
I thinks that's a good way to go.
I had to freeze frame the gif to see the chord setting,
So if I select the chord on beat 2 it will show all the tracks exempt from the select type "Hold" when "All Exempts" are selected, and same with Pushes.
Yes I think that's right to have the Chord Options in F5 also as the Chord Options dialog only has the 5 tracks in it, and they could also mirror your Chord Settings dialog in the Chord Options dialog giving it an update.

Attached picture holdsatbarbeat.png
Yes please. Would be very useful.
Rusty.
this was kind of what i was hoping for with either my tabbed view or linear view concept. which pipeline did graphics for.
eg right clik over cel to get an enhanced/more featured F5.
frankly i prefer "slide" option to push as its more flexible.
best
muso.
ps in your concept how does a user flexibly regen part of a bar , a whole bar , or a series of bars for one trak ?.
reason i ask is, in the other thread a user would just hilite the cels/boxes in bars view.
or for part of a bar right clik over a cel etc etc.
to regen.
You would want it in a few views, in the F5 Bar Setting, in the Chord Sheet right click and in the Bars window.

Yes it would be good to fine tune the Hold or Push offset along with Volume, all in the same dialog.
Full Screen

Attached File
Reaper-Push-Slide2.gif  (122 downloads)
Ohh, if people wonder, I am not asking for conceptually new features, just suggesting combining "Bar settings" and existing "Chord Setting" menus for time saving convenience of doing everything in a single window especially when U.Tracks will gain necessary bar features. The functions in my sketch are exact of what "Chord Setting" has now (minus U.Tracks)

Pipeline,
good catch on "if I select the chord on beat 2 it will show all the tracks exempt from the select type "Hold"" The answer is yes.
I remembered today that I forgot to color that in and then saw you reply. You are not listening to my thoughts, are you?

Muso,
freeze parts of arrangement is not a part of this wishlist item. Freeze parts of arrangement or bar-to-bar regeneration is final BIG piece of the puzzle. I consider other requests as relatively minor compared to that. Lets leave that for another wish topic, not this one smile
Here's a mod, see if you can work it out ok and if you think it will be of use.
Fit to Screen

Attached picture Rusty-F5-Chord-Options-Mod2.png
Pipeline, sexy mod.
+1
This will be fun to see how it turns out. It’s complicated, and Rusty is right that the design is very important.
Maybe sliders might represent the offset better to advance or retard ?
I don't know if there is an option to have sliders in those dialogs ?
Fit to Screen

Attached picture Rusty-F5-Sliders.png
Helo,

In addition to the proposed solution, BIAB could perhaps also propose the configuraton of the bar settings in a specific way for each track (addition of an item in the contextual menu of the mixer)?
Yes, combining the Bar Settings Option and the Chord Options dialogs + Utility track support for both makes a lot of sense.
Also:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=742877
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=742880
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Yes, combining the Bar Settings Option and the Chord Options dialogs + Utility track support for both makes a lot of sense.
Also:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=742877
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=742880

I think it has been recently realized that many combinations could significantly improve the functionality and smoothness of operation of the product. Let's hope this catches on.
© PG Music Forums