PG Music Home
Posted By: Jazzman Mixer window different in 2021 - 04/21/21 10:26 AM
Hi

The mixer window in v2021 does not operate as in previous years up until 2020

The tab for TONE is missing and unless you have used it before you would not know its there - I feel it is an important function if you are gigging live from a computer

Whilst on the subject of this TONE tab can it also be made to set globally as I have a range of settings that are ok for all tunes and certainly much better than the default ones

jazzman
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mixer window different in 2021 - 04/21/21 10:48 AM
Based on your observation and others, I think the appearance of ‘Tone’ has changed perhaps more than once recently. We have commented on this. Now, to reveal the heading, one must make the mixer window wider.

I would like to see the space of all column headers in the mixer adjusted so that tone is not the only one hidden, and that all headers adjust proportionally when the window is resized.

I wonder if monitor resolution, or the Windows function of adjusting screen fonts (mine are at 110%) factor into this.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Mixer window different in 2021 - 04/21/21 11:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
...I would like to see the space of all column headers in the mixer adjusted so that tone is not the only one hidden, and that all headers adjust proportionally when the window is resized....

Yes, a number of users have been quite confused about this functionality.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mixer window different in 2021 - 04/21/21 01:33 PM
Brian (jazzman, the OP) made another important point that I support. Read the entry about Tone I wrote a few years ago in the Tips and Tricks forum.

Edit: it was in the BIAB Windows forum. Here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=410947&Searchpage=1&Main=60424&Words=especially+Tone&Search=true#Post410947
© PG Music Forums