PG Music Home
I used to use BIAB standalone back when I just wanted to practice jazz and improvising, blues soloing etc.

But when it comes to composing, music production and the rest - like so many others - ie the vast majority of music creators - we do this in a DAW.

DAWs - or if orchestrating - notation tools like finale or Sibelius - are the norm, NOT BIAB OR REALBAND.

Lets face it - hardly anyone is using RealBand for this. And in any case no Mac user even gets to use RealBand at all since it doesn't exist for that platform! ( and frankly I don't want it to. I like my DAWs! )

So given I will mostly be using BIAB inside a DAW and hence the BIAB plugin is the best way to access the benefits BIAB offers - please give us a separate Wishlist for the plugin.

I DO realise that if all I ever used was the plugin - I might miss out on much that BIAB standalone offers ( so far ) in comparison to the plugin - but I can live with that and the V3 plugin has so much more functionality anyway than when V1 came out.

Plus in any case - for those cases where I really need what standalone offers - I can just go to Standalone do what's necessary and then open the song from within the plugin itself when back in the DAW.

But I think it ought to be obvious - a given - that more and more music creatives - particularly those that have never used or never contemplated using or buying BIAB - are going to be using the plugin version of this great technology and not the standalone.

So for us looking too the future.... and I very much see BB Plugin not as some "extra" or fob off to those who pestered for a DAW plugin - but as the "next step" - please please pretty please give us a separate Wishlist forum for the plugin.

Otherwise what will happen is that feature requests for the plugin will be spread amongst the three existing forums - windows plugin, Mac plugin and BIAB Wishlist.

I don't know how to represent "the vast majority" and your suggestion doesn't represent my workflow, but I can understand that is the way you and many other users would like to work. Your request makes good sense, especially since there are separate testing areas.

+1
This is not my workflow either but I do see the need for a separate wishlist so

+1
+1.
A reasonable request.

+1
Yep!

+1!
© PG Music Forums