PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix BBVST wishlist - 09/29/21 10:00 PM
I just started using band in a box in 2021.
I prefer to often use BB VST in Daw to help me complete songs.

In practical use, I have several functions I want:
1. Add more tracks(10 or 12) to the style page, which will be more convenient

2. I think several functions can be added to allow you to choose to output intro, verse, chorus and interconnect. In fact, it is the output of four senses, which will help to complete the song production in Daw faster. As for how to arrange, it depends on the producer's own feelings

I drew a picture

Attached picture 2021-09-30_085240.jpg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/29/21 10:53 PM
Some DAWs such as Cubase and Cakewalk by Bandlab have a feature that allows the user to divide a song project into labeled columns. The columns can then be duplicated, moved, deleted as desired.

In Cakewalk this is called an Arrangement track. I've provided a screen shot so you can see what I mean. There are three parts. The part above the tracks is where you designate the start and stop points for each arrangement section. Top left you provide arrangement section names and colors. Bottom left you arrange the sections as you desire.

It is a very powerful tool. Perhaps PG Music will consider an Arrangement Track for the main program. I don't think it would be as useful in the PlugIn since DAWs are adding the feature to their product.

Description: Cakewalk by Bandlab Arranger Tool.
Attached picture Clipboard31 CbB Arranger Tool.jpg
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/29/21 11:06 PM
Jim Fogle

Bian is already perfect.
If BB VST adds this function, the production will be very smooth.
In fact, it automatically generates some melodies and rhythms that are more in line with different paragraphs. It's easy to output and drag it out for use. I still hope BB VST has this function.
Because BB VST will attract a large number of new friends to join. BIAB is difficult to attract people in terms of interface and complexity. However, BIAB also has advantages. I think BIAB is suitable for some friends who practice playing.
BB VST is more suitable for making songs quickly.
I want to pay attention to this function. Anyway, it's a good thing + 1
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/29/21 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Some DAWs such as Cubase and Cakewalk by Bandlab have a feature that allows the user to divide a song project into labeled columns. The columns can then be duplicated, moved, deleted as desired.

In these Daws, these are just text marks, or better management. Not realtracks.
What I need is BB VST to export the audio of different paragraphs, which can be used for each paragraph of the song immediately.
This can save a lot of time.
I believe BIAB's intelligence can be achieved completely. It only needs simple setup and export. Add these paragraph export functions.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/30/21 02:55 AM
Is this what you need
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=629111#Post629111

Full Screen
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/30/21 06:13 AM
Just be able to distinguish paragraphs. I haven't asked so much.
I just need to export different wavs grin

How did you do it? You're a genius grin
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/30/21 06:58 AM
You will need to explain more what you need, I'm not sure what you need ??

Attached File
BBvst-Section-Generate2.gif  (54 downloads)
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/30/21 11:40 AM
Pipelineļ¼š

What I need is to be in a chord. For example: C F G C
Now click generate, and only one wav can be generated for each track. If you click again, it will regenerate into a group of wavs.
But each group of wavs is similar. So how can we make each generation different?
Tell the software that the track I generated this time is for intro use
If verse is selected in track setting when generating, the song generated is suitable for verse.
If you select chorus, the generated paragraphs are more suitable as chorus paragraphs.
The drum, bass, guitar, piano and other musical instruments will be generated according to different choices.
I've drawn a picture, that's what I mean.

----------------

Then there is a problem with the pictures you demonstrate, that is, you didn't check lead in and ending, so the wav you generated in this way is incomplete at the beginning and incomplete at the end, so it can't be used. Because the wav generated by band in a box will not be so aligned.

Attached picture 2021-09-30_223152.jpg
Attached picture 2021-09-30_085240.jpg
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/30/21 04:38 PM
There is a BUG in the current version, Generate Selected Region should generate just those bars if "Pad" is not enabled, same as Multiriff Selected Region.

A RealTrack has the same playing style all through or it has an A and B part style playing.

Attached picture BBvst-Section-Generate3.gif
Attached picture RT-A-B-Parts.png
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: BBVST wishlist - 09/30/21 11:26 PM
Pipelineļ¼š

Yes, there are a lot of bugs in this version. We have posted a lot of posts for this.
I've found some new ways now.
For example, use ezkey, ezbass and ezdrum
Only guide part, use band in a box VST
I'm trying to avoid some bugs and restrictions

The most important thing is that ezkey, ezbass and ezdrummer all have paragraph differentiation, intro and verse chorus
© PG Music Forums