PG Music Home
Posted By: rjmia Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 12/30/09 01:45 PM
Would like to see RealTracks for Drums to be in separate tracks such as KICK, SNARE, TOMS, CYMBALS so we can have our own way of mixing each drum track. Maybe there is a way that may not be discoverable for me yet.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 12/30/09 03:20 PM
Now, wouldn't that be awesome!!!
Posted By: KeithS Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 12/30/09 07:04 PM
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 12/30/09 11:21 PM
They are mixed wave files so no not yet until they make separate files for each drum and that would take up tons of disk space. You can read the tutorial on making Real Drums and make some of your own. Or get a good drum program like jamstix that will output to 8 channels and send them to separate tracks.
Posted By: Mac Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 01/01/10 12:19 AM
Yes, separated RealDrums tracks would require a rather HUGE filesize situtation.

Certainly doable in this day and age, though, but be prepared to pay handsomely for such an option. Consider the pricing of the Audiophile RealTracks version...

One thing we can do with RealDrums right now is to learn how to apply and use a good Multiband Compressor plugin. This can let you highlight certan key frequency areas to bring out more kick, or the like.

--Mac
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 01/02/10 12:18 AM
Even the new Tone control in version 2010 can serve to emphasize certain parts of the kit easily.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 01/05/10 12:44 AM
Oooooorr buy melodyne and make yer own drum tracks from the rendered wave files!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 04/25/18 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: rjmia
Would like to see RealTracks for Drums to be in separate tracks such as KICK, SNARE, TOMS, CYMBALS so we can have our own way of mixing each drum track. Maybe there is a way that may not be discoverable for me yet.

Come to think of it that's not a bad idea.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 04/26/18 05:35 AM
+1

What about PG Music release the hits that you get at the end of each RealDrum track as a separate download.

You could then find the hit that you require.

I'm not very technical but it appears to me that it would'nt take long for PG Music to implement this.

George
Posted By: MarioD Re: Split Drum Tracks in RealTracks - 04/26/18 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: rjmia

The disc size for a project like this has already been addressed.

Here is an option for you to try. Copy your RD 3or 4 times in your DAW. Apply different EQ and compression to each copied track, one track to emphasize the kick drum, one for the snare, etc. This will help.

An easier solution is to use MIDI with a good sounding drum kit. This is the route that I use. YMMV
© PG Music Forums