PG Music Home
The default settings for the Style Picker are as follows:
If you choose to sort your styles by name for example, the resulting list is still not strictly sorted by name. Furthermore it is primarily sorted by Style Type and only secondarily by name then. And this can be a bit confusing and even annoying.

Factually, I don't understand the reason, especially since you can sort the list by style type anyway.

Technically, the reason is that the option to always sort primarily by Style Type is the default option in the Style Picker settings, and that can be changed there.

I for myself have found this out only "by accident" - and in order to make BiaB life easier for other new users, I'd therefore suggest to just change the default setting in this regard.
MoveToGroove,

If you have some familiarity using a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc you can create personal or custom spreed sheets that you can manage as you desire.

The three major Picker windows either have a Copy To Clipboard or Copy List button. Engaging a button creates a tab-delimited text file that can be imported into a spread sheet.

While not a solution you may find custom spread sheets helpful.

Description: StylePicker with Copy To Clipboard highlighted.
Attached picture Clipboard38 StylePicker Action Copy To Clipboard.jpg

Description: RealTracks Picker with Copy List highlighted.
Attached picture Clipboard39 RealTracks Picker Copy List.jpg

Description: RealDrums Picker Copy List highlighted.
Attached picture Clipboard40 ReaDrums Picker Copy List.jpg
Hey Jim,

in specific for the style picker I have found a solution already, just wanted to post this to help avoiding confusion of other BiaB-newbies.

Anyway, I find your information very useful for other purposes - I didn't know that so far and I do indeed work a lot with Excel. Thanks, Jim!
When I just used stylepicker, it really caused me a lot of trouble.
But I forced myself to get familiar with it. The worst thing for me is that when I choose a style, when I want to return to stylepicker, I can't find the one I just selected.
But I'm used to it
In fact, the design of stylepicker does not accord with the interface feeling of contemporary software.
Including realtrack.
Now we prefer the option drop-down menu, which may be more accepted by modern people.
Of course, this is not important to me. I'm used to it.
BIAB's design feels very retro. The disadvantage is that it needs time to get familiar with it.
The advantage is that you can see more information, because the names are very long, and the name is the description.
Now I just want to improve some details, such as clicking back or the style I chose
Hey swingbaby,

in regard to the find-style-again-problem that you describe:
I also had that issue - you'll probably find a solution here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674984
Scroll down to the first answer there (from VideoTrack).

That you also had that issue confirms that this kind of things should be fixed, even when there is a workaround, since they are not designed to match the intuitive procedures, especially of new users. And since a solution also wouldn't bother other users (in most cases, there's no significant trade-off like "good for new users = bad for old users").

In the sum over al these little issues, new users might get quite annoyed and might give up, or even worse might already get warned in advance like "uuuh Biab is complicated".
It's like you and I just finished cleaning the table with a film cloth, turned around and answered the phone, but the dishcloth disappeared. Although it doesn't feel reasonable, I've adapted.
I hope other new users will be as patient as me and you. grin grin grin grin
haha true smile
© PG Music Forums