PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/24/21 06:53 AM
Make a keyboard for chord builder?
This allows you to see what notes are included in each selected chord.
Make finding chords more accurate.
For example, I chose the chord in Scaler, but I couldn't find it in BIAB.
Actually, there should be, but the name is different.
Therefore, how to have a keyboard display containing sound will be more convenient.

Attached picture 2021-11-24_174605.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/24/21 09:38 AM
Any assistance that allows you to see what notes are included in each selected chord would be very useful.

+1
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/24/21 11:27 AM
+1

We have the reverse, with Window, MIDI Chord Detection. Great feature, at least in the Windows version. It gives you alternatives. I suspect you might appreciate seeing several inversions of the chord as well? Or just root position?

There is a corollary to this request that we have also discussed: the ability to position or freeze or step through the chords of a song and see the notes on a keyboard. Right now, you can see them go by on the Big Keyboard, or view the notes on a staff, but to my knowledge you can’t isolate a particular chord to see on the keyboard.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/24/21 08:23 PM
My request is very simple, that is, to see what notes this chord contains.
Because I use Scaler to find chords, but the chord naming methods of scale and BIAB are different
Some chords are in BIAB. I don't know how to input them. If I can display which sounds are included, I will know whether it is correct.
I prefer to drag and drop the chord of Scaler directly into BIAB, but I think it is difficult to achieve.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/25/21 12:34 AM
Ok I see. That helps.

Since there are a finite number of chord types, feel free to post the Scaler chord(s) here and we can tell you how to enter them into BIAB.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/25/21 02:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Ok I see. That helps.

Since there are a finite number of chord types, feel free to post the Scaler chord(s) here and we can tell you how to enter them into BIAB.

Thanks!
I like Band in a box & Scaler.
Thanks for the support and discussion. We will pass this along to the development team for consideration.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/26/21 11:57 AM
<< I prefer to drag and drop the chord of Scaler directly into BIAB, but I think it is difficult to achieve. >>

You may want to attempt to copy and paste the chords from Scaler into any text editor program. Windows systems have Notepad.

Select (highlight) and all of the chords from notepad to the Clipboard.

Open BIAB

Use the keyboard to hit these three keys: Ctrl-Shift-V (This is the Paste Special command in BIAB. )

This will input all of the copied text chords into the BIAB Chord Sheet bars.

Note: Chords can also be copied and pasted from a BIAB song into Notepad or any other text editor.

Charlie
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/26/21 12:46 PM
For now, how does one tell what notes BIAB associates with a given named chord? Say, the notorious Cdim.

Two considerations:

1) I want a "live" authoritative answer from my installation of BIAB regarding what the software is doing, not something from a help screen or manual or webpage or forum. And I don't want to have to guess what it was "thinking" based on complicated parts it cranks out, I want to see that "Cmaj" is associated with the triad C-E-G.

2) I don't care about the vagaries of RealTracks and what real musicians might play.

Is there somewhere I can look that will show an active table or something?
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder - 11/26/21 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
Thanks for the support and discussion. We will pass this along to the development team for consideration.

This is not just a polite answer. Because I have made many suggestions, and all of them have been submitted to the team.
But I didn't see any change.
We hope to achieve it in 2022
© PG Music Forums