PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle MIDI Control Surface Integration - 01/05/22 04:03 PM
+++ Current Why No MIDI Integration Thread +++

MIDI control surface integration would be helpful to Band-in-a-Box users in so many ways, transport control and real time volume, pan and tone control of each track two of the most important.

Most MIDI control surfaces have multiple communication modes with Mackie Control Protocol the most prevalent.

Many MIDI control surfaces have an auto-learn feature where each control learns the program control in use or in focus.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 01/05/22 06:59 PM
+1

I have suggested this for about two decades. For it to have value beyond just a remote transport control, I believe it must support volume automation. This should now be possible given the recent development in BIAB 2022.
Posted By: Uncle Paul Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 01/07/22 04:09 AM
+ 1

I would love to have Band in a Box supporting a Control Surface (e.g. Mackie Control.

I can do a few things here with my nectar Panorama, but the functions are very limited (mainly transport control) and adding not much comfort. No big deal in the past, just a bit annoying that nothing more was possible.

But now, with 24 tracks available, the software needs a proper way to work with!

Many of the Users complement Band in a Box with a DAW and a great number of those have a Control Surface for the DAW. I am sure they too will miss the comfort of using it with Band in a Box any time they start the software.

What was valid wish 2 decades ago (see above) has become a necessity in 2022.
Posted By: HardwireSpeers Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 03/30/22 02:35 AM
+1 on this suggestion
Posted By: Brille Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 03/30/22 05:13 AM
+1
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 03/30/22 09:05 AM
I posted over in Jim's link in his post that's preferable for discussion and not derail the wish itself.

I like this idea but I'm not to plus 1 support yet.

Charlie
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 03/30/22 10:05 AM
Another vote of support.

+1
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 03/30/22 02:07 PM
If it helps, I just added further explanation in that other thread of why I would very much like to see this feature.
Posted By: MarioD Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 03/30/22 04:30 PM
After viewing Matt's post on the other thread I had a change of heart. For those who do a lot of work in BiaB I can see where this can be advantageous so

+1
Posted By: HardwireSpeers Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 04/23/22 05:34 PM
Another +1
Posted By: Museeker Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 05/26/22 05:29 PM
+1
Posted By: JBran Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 06/18/22 07:52 PM
+1
Posted By: rayc Re: MIDI Control Surface Integration - 07/07/22 05:52 AM
GREAT option for those with mobility and other issues too...mackie should allow alternate control surfaces as suit the user.
© PG Music Forums