PG Music Home
Posted By: Nashblogger Utility tracks - 02/17/22 03:08 PM
Give utility tracks a spot on bar settings for volume changes.
Thanks, Kyle
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Utility tracks - 02/17/22 03:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Nashblogger
Give utility tracks a spot on bar settings for volume changes.
Thanks, Kyle

That may happen on some future release because it's a recurring request but just so you'll know, there's at least 3 different ways to do volume changes on Utility Tracks now. All 3 methods also work on the original 8 Legacy Mixer Channels that have the Bar Settings options the same as they do on the Utility Tracks. These volume change methods offer more precise selections and can be applied to only a region of a bar rather than the whole bar resolution found in Bar Settings.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Utility tracks - 02/17/22 07:12 PM
Yes, as mentioned, a recurring request.

For overall consistency, I'm hoping it will be introduced.

+1
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Utility tracks - 02/17/22 09:35 PM
If overall consistency is the goal, that goal has been achieved with the introduction of Utility Tracks and the Audio Edit methods to change volume.

a) The new All Tracks are Equal feature applies because the Audio Edit volume change methods work the same for all 24 tracks and are accessible to all 24 tracks.

b) The commands, techniques and results are the same for all 24 tracks.

c) Visual and audio response is the same for all 24 tracks.

Bar settings are only available for the original Legacy Tracks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Utility tracks - 02/17/22 09:43 PM
Hi Charlie.
What I meant was that one can do some things via the Bar Settings dialog and other things need to be performed using different methods, such as using the Audio Edit window. That means there is not a consistent method to achieve the same result. Hope this clarifies my point on how I referenced the term 'consistency'.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Utility tracks - 02/17/22 10:03 PM
< " ...there is not a consistent method to achieve the same result." >

I agree. Also, with the total of processes that can be done from the Bar Settings menu coupled with the recurring request to add volume changes from Bar Settings for all 24 tracks, I would not be surprised to see that feature added.

In regard to volume changes specifically, I would hope the OP will transition from Bar Settings to the Audio Edit Window for that task and reap the benefits of the higher precision, greater accuracy in selecting regions to edit and the quick access to other features available from within the Audio Edit Window.

Thanks for explaining your point.

Charlie
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Utility tracks - 02/18/22 02:16 PM
+1.
There had been a good push made toward bringing Utility tracks closer to Legacy tracks. Since this is a very popular request, hopefully we will see integration of all tracks to "Bar Settings".

That is true:
"In regard to volume changes specifically, I would hope the OP will transition from Bar Settings to the Audio Edit Window for that task and reap the benefits of the higher precision"

I find myself using ACW quite often for volume changes with nodes. It still needs a few navigation items, and minor issues fixed, but it works well.
Posted By: Thunderthud Re: Utility tracks - 02/19/22 12:31 PM
+1
© PG Music Forums