PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix How to control instrument changes? - 02/18/22 02:03 AM
Can control the generation of changes. I find that BIAB instruments usually come in two variations. Simply put, one is more normal and the other is more intense.
Can I control the changes of these instruments through BAR SETTING?

BAR SETTING now also cannot control other UTILITY track instruments.

The main thing is that right now BIAB generates music that I have no control over.
If you can choose to intro, verse, and chorus when generating, it is the best.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/18/22 03:25 AM
You have blue and green part makers that tell the RealTracks what to play.
You can change a part marker then generate a section of track with F8 Multiriff dialog, but you can't change the part markers while you are in the dialog as it's like a jail.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/18/22 10:11 AM
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
Can control the generation of changes. I find that BIAB instruments usually come in two variations. Simply put, one is more normal and the other is more intense.
Can I control the changes of these instruments through BAR SETTING?

BAR SETTING now also cannot control other UTILITY track instruments.

The main thing is that right now BIAB generates music that I have no control over.
If you can choose to intro, verse, and chorus when generating, it is the best.

You can use part markers to better control this.

On a part marker (blue in the image), right-click and click "Define c/d", then choose a style.
If you right-click again, on the changed colour part marker, you will then see a multistyle menu.

Description: Right-Click->Define c/d
Attached picture Right-Click-Define.jpeg

Description: Right-click->Part markers.
Attached picture Right-Click-Parts.jpeg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/18/22 12:09 PM
< Can I control the changes of these instruments through BAR SETTING? >
Yes, but different than what's been demonstrated.

< BAR SETTING now also cannot control other UTILITY track instruments. >
Correct. But the method and techniques to control Bar Setting commands in regard to volume changes are done with more precision and higher resolution of selecting regions without the limitation of bar lines in the Audio Edit Window. There are many more processes that can be applied from the Audio Edit Window and all of these techniques and options apply not only to the original 8 Legacy Tracks but also to the Utility Tracks. All of the Audio Edit settings and commands work on all of the 24 tracks.

You've received answers above from forum members that directly answer your question and comment. None are actually correct mostly because you've asked the question framed to control changes of instruments through Bar Settings. They discuss and demonstrate instrument intensity being controlled by Part Markers that BIAB accesses from the Chord Sheet. You can't change a Part Marker from the Bar Settings Page but they are all correct that Part Markers do what you're asking.

You can control changes to the instruments from Bar Settings by changing the Style, RealTracks, Realdrums, midi harmony or midi patch. You can also control changes to instruments adjusting the tempo, beats and key signature. If you have a UserTrack on a Legacy Track, you can apply changes to it from Bar Settings.

Controlling instrument changes using Bar Settings and Part Markers are the simplest method to use. BIAB has other methods, features and tools that give a user complete control to create complex arrangements to individual tracks.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/19/22 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott

On a part marker (blue in the image), right-click and click "Define c/d", then choose a style.
If you right-click again, on the changed colour part marker, you will then see a multistyle menu.

I found it easy to pick and control the drums.
But there are no more detailed options to control instrument variation.

Attached picture 2022-02-20_091625.jpg
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/20/22 03:59 AM
That's because you only have AB or A or B variations in a instrument.
That is why I suggested here
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=701267#Post701267

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=701312#Post701312
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/20/22 08:05 AM

I found it easy to pick and control the drums.
But there are no more detailed options to control instrument variation.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/22/22 07:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

I also thought of it while using NI guitars.
There will be different melodies in BIAB, but it is very difficult for me to control.
However, this article is from 2019, and now it is 2022, I guess it is difficult to achieve.
In fact, our requirements are not complicated, we just need one more option like drums.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/22/22 11:42 AM
Perhaps I'll try this once more... Define c/d

Description: Define c/d
Attached picture 2022-02-20_091625.jpg
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 03:15 AM
Perhaps I'll try this once more... Define c/d

Clicking C/D will definitely change as new styles are added.
I mean, there are actually two paragraphs in A/B.
Click on the blue to select A/B, sometimes it will appear, sometimes the second one will not appear, it feels very random.
But the drums are very accurate.
But if C/D is selected, then the drums can only be selected in A/B. Of course, the drums are not very important, I can replace them in the DAW.

What I mean is mainly to want the different passages, or RIFFs, to appear exactly like drums. For example, sometimes I choose A, and I choose B for the next paragraph, but it doesn't sound the same, it's not as pronounced as the drums. But sometimes, it's so obvious that it's beyond my control.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 08:10 AM
Like this guitar.mp3
If you had lot of variations/patterns in the same RT instrument and an easy way to change at any beat with a free floating window that allows selecting bars on the chord sheet.
The Pattern name will be the name of the Pattern
"1 Slow Held Strum"
"2 Quick Held Strum"

as you select bars on the chord sheet it will show the current MRT and current pattern on the selected track on the mixer.

Attached picture BB22-Multi-RT-Pick-Change.png
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 08:59 AM
Like this guitar.mp3
If you had lot of variations/patterns in the same RT instrument and an easy way to change at any beat with a free floating window that allows selecting bars on the chord sheet.
"1 Slow Held Strum"
"2 Quick Held Strum"

as you select bars on the chord sheet it will show the current MRT and current pattern on the selected track on the mixer.

yes!Pattern!

Can this be done now? have you achieved it? I hope to try.
This is a very important function.

In many software, there are patterns.
The screenshot of this song is the PATTERN browser of NI nylon guitar, but the content is very small.
In fact, there are many PATTERNs of BIAB, but they are not organized.

Yours is just a picture, or is it already applicable?
It would be even better if BIAB supports plug-in plug-ins.
You can make a lot of plug-ins with special functions according to your ideas.

Attached picture 2022-02-23_195606.jpg
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 09:12 AM

"1 Slow Held Strum"
"2 Quick Held Strum"

Your idea is fantastic. Where are you, I'm going to find you. It is my dream to see you in this life!

grin
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 10:00 AM
I don't know if the the artist here would be using the same guitar as it could use the Direct Input versions to give different patterns, as the FX version would have different FX as you can see by the "Holds" numbers.

Attached picture BB22-RT-List-Artist.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 10:25 AM
I had a look but they seem to be all different tones so I think just record all the patterns at once on the same guitar with the same FX and a Direct Input version as well.
I can make a UserTrack with lots of patters but there is nothing to change the UserTrack at any bar/beat.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 10:36 AM
I had a look but they seem to be all different tones so I think just record all the patterns at once on the same guitar with the same FX and a Direct Input version as well.
I can make a UserTrack with lots of patters but there is nothing to change the UserTrack at any bar/beat.

After each research, I always feel a pity.

BIAB did a lot and recorded a lot of great REALTRACKS
Various chords can be quickly generated and used as accompaniment.
Every piece of REALTRACKS is like a talented lad.
But these guys are trapped in a "prison".
With the current BIAB, the potential of these REALTRACKS has not been realized.

The PATTERN you're talking about today is a great concept.
For different passages of the music, audition and select PATTERN to place in different song positions.
In the selection process, you can choose similar styles and similar ones.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 11:48 AM

It's not possible to do it all. this is life.
I think it would be nice to combine BIAB with NI GUITAR.
I do this often.
Maybe I like BIAB too much, and I hope BIAB will become more and more perfect.
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 12:19 PM
After each research, I always feel a pity… Every piece of REALTRACKS is like a talented lad. But these guys are trapped in a "prison"… I think it would be nice to combine BIAB with NI GUITAR. I do this often. Maybe I like BIAB too much, and I hope BIAB will become more and more perfect.

Or maybe you just like to go from one software product to another finding things they do that BIAB does not, so you can start new threads.

I think it would be nice to combine BIAB with Dunkin Donuts, that way while my song is regenerating I could get a cappuccino.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/23/22 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes

Or maybe you just like to go from one software product to another finding things they do that BIAB does not, so you can start new threads.

I think it would be nice to combine BIAB with Dunkin Donuts, that way while my song is regenerating I could get a cappuccino.

The world is so nice to have you.

Attached picture 2022-02-23_233924.jpg
Posted By: Pipeline Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/25/22 04:12 AM
I went into F8 and and chose Main RT then search by "guitar electric Ev 120"
but you need to first set it to Direct Input in F7.
I changed to any random instrument every 4 bars.
They are ok if you add an effect to them:
DI-mix-Ev-120.mp3
There needs to be an easier way of doing it.
The window below is not a jail and you can select a track or a bar and adjust the mixer. When you select a bar it will show what instruments is there and how many bars long.

Attached File
Posted By: rayc Re: How to control instrument changes? - 02/25/22 09:47 PM
BIAB is the source - Reaper is the host with the most.
© PG Music Forums