PG Music Home
Posted By: PhilsterPhil Part Markers in Fake Sheet - 03/07/22 01:59 PM
I would like a way to separate the different sections in a song (Verse, Chorus, Intro, etc) in fake/lead sheet mode.

Can we have a way to rename part markers to what they actually are, perhaps globally? That way we can rename them to "Intro", "Verse", "Chorus", etc

Alternatively,
If I have to use lyrics to indicate the sections, can we have a way to disable the part marker indication in fake sheet mode? Band members don't understand what "17a" means....
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Part Markers in Fake Sheet - 03/07/22 04:36 PM
I separate the different sections in a song - verse, chorus, intro, ending, bridge on the Chord Sheet with the choice of up to two elements.

1. Use a Part Marker using the selection; Define c/d using same style (for display purposes)
A Chord Sheet can use up to 24, each with two substyles for a total of 48. The can be used more than once in a Chord Sheet.

Click on the far left of any bar (Part Marker Location) and click on the Define c/d using same style

2. Display Section Text in a Bar.

Click on the Chord Display icon in the Views Toolbar: Layers | Section Text - then double click on the green box at the top of any bar you want to add a text remark to.

I don't use printed Fakesheets and did not check to see if how adding either of both of the above affects a printed Fakesheet. Regardless how these tools affect the printed Fakesheet, only you can try them to determine if they suit your needs. Hope they solve your issue.

Charlie
Posted By: MarioD Re: Part Markers in Fake Sheet - 03/07/22 04:36 PM
My workaround is to use bar base section letters:
1-right click at the start of a bar
2-click on bar base section
3-click on your letter

I use the obvious C for chorus, V for verse etc.

I also have BiaB set up to start a new section for every part marker.
1-preferances
2-display

Attached picture click here.jpg
Attached picture click fb.jpg
Attached picture click new line.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Part Markers in Fake Sheet - 03/11/22 03:41 AM
Phil,

In addition to the above, it's also possible to add text boxes when in Notation Mode. These boxes will show on the fake sheet.

When in "Editable Notation Mode", right click above the save and then select "Insert Section Text". See the image below.

#1 = the type of text
#2 = the height above the stave
#3 = the position in the bar

Maybe this will do the job for you.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture Section text 2022.JPG
Attached picture Section text 2022 - lead sheet.JPG
© PG Music Forums