PG Music Home
Posted By: caal67 Conductor for MAC - 05/03/22 01:11 PM
I discovered a great BIAB feature: CONDUCTOR
Unfortunely is available only in Widnows versione and I use Mac.
Please!! Consider to develop it for mac.

I think that the Conductor could be something very similar to real time arrangers, I could create styles with different loops and choose to play them using keys on Mac.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/03/22 01:20 PM
+1. I strongly support the idea that the Windows and Macintosh versions of Band-in-a-Box should share the same feature set,

The good news is apparently PG Music agrees and has worked to merge features the last few releases.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/03/22 10:58 PM
Another vote of support that the Mac should have the same feature set as the Windows version.
+1
Posted By: MarioD Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/04/22 09:47 AM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Another vote of support that the Mac should have the same feature set as the Windows version.
+1

I also agree
+1
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/04/22 09:35 PM
Thanks guys. This is an older feature, but I'll pass this along!
Posted By: Icelander Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/17/22 11:54 PM
Abso-bloody-lutely a plus 1001 and then some!

I've been screaming about this matter of principle for years and nearly always cite this very feature as case sample.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/18/22 09:18 AM
Originally Posted By: caal67
I discovered a great BIAB feature: CONDUCTOR
Unfortunely is available only in Widnows versione and I use Mac.
Please!! Consider to develop it for mac.

I think that the Conductor could be something very similar to real time arrangers, I could create styles with different loops and choose to play them using keys on Mac.

Reaper is best for this as it has smooth seek that will change seamlessly from one section to the other, it can also use Biab tracks as a live arranger using keyboard chord input.
Biab Conductor don't change seamlessly from one section to the other.
You can use the BiabPlugin in Reaper and Reaper will go to any bar/chord of the BiabPlugin seamlessly, you can also use midi chord input for this.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/27/22 08:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Biab Conductor don't change seamlessly from one section to the other.
You can use the BiabPlugin in Reaper...
Then mending that along the way ought just to be part of the process while they're at it, is my first thought here.
Also, my gripe with that whole concept of 'just use another tool to do the thing you wanted BBox to do that it can't do' (properly or at all regardless) is always the same, in that it going that route isn't really serving to improve BBOX much, you know wink
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Conductor for MAC - 05/27/22 09:15 PM
Yes + 1
This is how it currently works in Biab and how it should work.
You could enter a lot of chord sections then with the midi chord input function currently in Biab it could be used to go smoothly to any chord section and loop it until another chord is entered:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4ylvculacljoak/BB-Reaper-Conductor.mp4?dl=0
© PG Music Forums