PG Music Home
|<

to take me back to the beginning of the song. This would be to the left of the Play, Reg/.Play, Pause, Stop, and Loop transport icons.

Yes, I know I can use the slider at the bottom, but so many of my other audio programs let me do one mouse click to get to the top of the chart.
The Home key on the keyboard does this but I do understand that's different to your request.

+1 for a button on the actual transport group.
Yup, that would be great!
+1
+1 because a mouse can be used to initiate the other transport controls. However, there are also other ways to return to start.

Band-in-a-Box for Windows has a preference setting for spacebar operation that will return to start when the spacebar is tapped.

You can also use Ctrl+Spacebar to override the current setting and return to start.

Finally, you can navigate your mouse to bar 1 and double click in the bar to start.

Description: Preferences (Ctrl+E) Spacebar Settings Ctrl+Space = Start
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Thanks all. It shouldn’t be a surprise that I am aware of these other ways to navigate. I prefer the mouse and had just worked with several other programs, each of which had the additional transport icon. I believe that, when possible, it helps new users (and old ones too) to have a recognizable standardized way to do work. And I don’t see a downside, since BIAB often has multiple ways to do things and we can choose the workflow we like.
© PG Music Forums