PG Music Home
Posted By: Alexrome NEW FEATURE FOR BIAB - 09/02/22 01:37 PM
I would like these features to be implemented in BIAB:

[list]
[*]FORCE THE BATTERY FILL (CHOOSE THE TYPE OF FILL) ON EACH BAR OR BEAT
[*]POSSIBILITY OF PLAYING THE BAND IN QUARTER TRIPLETS ON A SPECIFIC 4/4 BAR.
[*]POSSIBILITY TO SET A BAR BREAK ON A SPECIFIC BEAT
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: NEW FEATURE FOR BIAB - 09/02/22 05:12 PM
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I would like to understand this request better (I'm only a fellow user).

#1. By 'battery' I assume you mean a drum set, with drum fills, correct?

#2. It is possible (easy) now to add MIDI notes in quarter note triplets in 4/4 time, so are you asking for the ability to shift within a song to a style that uses triplets, and shift back out? And is this for RealTracks? Or drums only?

#3. I'm assuming "bar break' refers to a rest/stop playing, and you are not requesting a 'solo break'. If so, it is possible to Mute a track or tracks for a measure or more, but the mute starts on beat one. I think you are asking to be able to control that so the mute (break) can start on other places in the measure. Through the use of rests (see Help, Rests Shots Holds) you can control this to the beat level. If you have BIAB 2022, you can use Microchords to further control it. Does that address your request?

Posted By: Alexrome Re: NEW FEATURE FOR BIAB - 09/03/22 11:31 AM
Hi Matt,

#1. Yes correct , I meant drum set, with drum fills. Having more fills available to chose and setting them to a beat of your choice

I would like drum, bass etc of a RealTracks style to go in quarter triplets on 4/4 time. Not just one instrument or two but all.
In some styles it is possible by setting a chord on 1 beat, then (Push 1/8) on 3 (example ^Cm7) and then the last chord on 4. But it is not always played correctly.
For example, in the next feature, you could configure this in the bar settings by set 3 beats to 4/4 and thus allowing in the chord settings to set a chord for each beat.
Do you know a way to do it with RealTracks?

#3 Yes, I have seen that this is possible.
© PG Music Forums