PG Music Home
The ability to create and render an audio file that has a backing track as one channel and a click or metronome track as a totally separate isolated channel; for example an MP3 with the click on the right and the backing track on the left.

I and several other have tried to accomplish this to exhaustion so I know at present it CAN'T be done at all or as easily as it should.

BTW - All that is needed to make this happen is for the MIDI Metronome Styles to be able to be set as mono which DOES NOT WORK at present.

Thanks for any consideration you can give to this request!
+1 for me
Although this does not affect me I can see it would benefit others so

+1
Not something I would use, but others might so I support the idea.

+1
Click Track or Metronome Track on Single Stereo Channel = defined as:
"The ability to create and render an audio file that has a backing track as one channel and a click or metronome track as a totally separate isolated channel; for example an MP3 with the click on the right and the backing track on the left."

I assume you mean a stereo file that looks like this in Audacity? Discreet Click track generated in BIAB on the Right Channel and discreet Accompaniment Music generated in BIAB on the Left Channel?

This is how a stereo file rendered in BIAB looks.

Description: BIAB generated click track/accompaniment track combo
Attached picture BIAB Click Track.jpg
I posted the steps to place the click track and accompaniment tracks on a single stereo channel in the related post in BIAB for Windows - HERE -

This technique should work with any SGU file, any imported MIDI song, imported audio song or imported XML file.

The process is to prepare each track as a complete arrangement in mono. BIAB defaults to rendering stereo files but there's a conversion button in the Audio Editor. It's a simple process to covert a MIDI metronome style or the clicktrk.sty from stereo to mono.
The demonstration video has been posted as a permanent link on YouTube.

Add a Click Track to any BIAB Song
© PG Music Forums