PG Music Home
Posted By: Appoggiatura Decent 2 Bar Endings in Other Than 4/4 - 10/05/22 01:30 PM
Quite frankly, the 2 or 4 bar endings in 2/4 or 3/4 are atrocious and come off sounding like a bunch of amateur musicians who don't know how or when to end a song.

Can this be fixed?
I support improvements to 2-bar endings if that is possible.

+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Decent 2 Bar Endings in Other Than 4/4 - 10/05/22 10:35 PM
+1

In +++ another thread +++ Appoggiatura mentions he spoke with support concerning endings. Support replied that for 2/4 endings only the first two beats of a 4/4 ending are used. This means some endings do not properly resolve.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Decent 2 Bar Endings in Other Than 4/4 - 10/05/22 11:05 PM
+1
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
+1

In +++ another thread +++ Appoggiatura mentions he spoke with support concerning endings. Support replied that for 2/4 endings only the first two beats of a 4/4 ending are used. This means some endings do not properly resolve.

Yes, this is exactly the problem. The first two beats of a 4-beat bar are hardly ever likely to resolve a musical pattern. Perhaps they could use the last two beats?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Decent 2 Bar Endings in Other Than 4/4 - 10/06/22 09:14 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
+1

I've been thinking about this and wouldn't it be nice to select either the first two beats, the last two beats, and maybe even the 2-3 beats of a measure anywhere in the song? Maybe that could be incorporated in the F5 menu? I could see this being used at the end of a verse, chorus, bridge, etc.

Just a thought.
Mario, another good idea for versatility.
+1 again for improving endings in this way.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Decent 2 Bar Endings in Other Than 4/4 - 10/06/22 12:37 PM
+1

...Deb
Mario, when I read the problem, I started thinking about songs in 2/4 or 3/4 and how the endings should be. I like your idea of being able to choose! That’s always a good idea.

We would not want to see something that would always ignore the first beat, since that might be as simple as a held chord used as an ending.

So, choice is good.
+1 OP

+1 Mario (Good thoughts that seem achievable and this can be used in many creative ways with existing material)
Thanks a great idea Mario!

Jeff
Posted By: musocity Re: Decent 2 Bar Endings in Other Than 4/4 - 10/17/22 08:38 PM
There was a post about having proper time signatures so they transfer to a DAW using that same time signature, but the posts got deleted and cancelled.
There are posts here below showing how easy it is giving the user full control to adjust anything how they like.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=716019
© PG Music Forums