PG Music Home
Posted By: Bass Thumper Count-In and Bar Numbering - 10/06/22 05:01 PM
I very much like the Count-In feature. It allows everyone you collaborate with to prepare for the intro and to come in on the proper beat.

Is there a way to get BiaB to display the bars of the count-in in the chord edit window? I normally use 2 bars in the count-in, so these 2 bars would not show any chords. Bar 3, the first bar of the intro would be the 1st bar showing any chords. If no, can this feature be added?

Background:
When collaborating, we have 4 "entities" that need to be coordinated and communicated with so that everybody is on the same page:
1. BiaB
2. My chord sheet, usually MS Word
3. My human collaborator(s)
4. Our varying DAWS, in my case Studio One

Having a user-selectable checkbox to display bars 1 & 2 as "count-in bars" would be very useful. This would allow crisp and consistent communication regarding bar numbers anywhere in the song by simply looking at what is displayed in the chord edit grid. For example:
Bars 1-2: Count in
Bars 3-6: Intro
Bars 7-20: Verse 1
Etc.

Attached picture Screenshot 42.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Count-In and Bar Numbering - 10/06/22 05:54 PM
For a little background, go here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=733774#Post733774
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Count-In and Bar Numbering - 10/06/22 08:33 PM
As long as this was performed as a user-selectable option, this would be useful at times.

+1
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Count-In and Bar Numbering - 10/07/22 01:17 PM
For others that struggle with this, here is my work-around to get consistent bar numbering.

In Studio One you can create negative bar numbering. This is what I did in the screenshot below.

The first bar is labeled "-1", the 2nd bar is labeled "zero" and the 3rd bar is labeled "1". This 3rd bar labeled "1" is where BiaB begins with the synth in the intro, hence the numbering is aligned.

This is a bit clunky and not everyone's DAW can do this (or know how to do it if their DAW is capable) but it is a way to align the bar numbering as displayed in BiaB with the bar numbering in S1.

A checkbox in the Count-In options menu to do this would be a much better longterm solution.

Attached picture Screenshot 43.jpg
Posted By: Keith44 Re: Count-In and Bar Numbering - 10/07/22 08:26 PM
Re:your attachment - see the options under the Metronome dropdown.

Keith
© PG Music Forums