PG Music Home
I am in Notation View. I want to see the Lead Sheet, but the moment I press that button, in the background the main screen reverts to the Chord Sheet view. I don't understand the reason for this.

Please leave the Notation View in place when previewing the Lead Sheet. This would make much more sense than unexpectedly reverting to the Chord Sheet and then having to select Notation View again.

Attached picture 2022-11-04_10-42-33.jpg
Attached picture 2022-11-04_10-43-57.jpg
Right. The design of the notation window limits it to one window at a time, and the lead sheet window counts as one of those.
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Right. The design of the notation window limits it to one window at a time, and the lead sheet window counts as one of those.

Peter, thanks. Unfortunately, I don't actually follow the logic but I presume that the chord sheet is not one of those windows.

However, why couldn't a flag be set that the lead sheet was opened from the notation window, and when the lead sheet is closed, check that flag and restore the notation window?

Presumably, there is an OnClose event handler on the Lead Sheet window?
I'm having the same problem as OP, and I don't understand your answer. I've recently upgraded to biab 2024, and no matter whether I am in notation or chord sheet mode, hitting lead sheet (or selecting it from the window menu) takes me or keeps me to chord sheet. I've had older versions of biab for years (like mid-teens versions), and this has always worked fine. Stopped working with the update. You seem to be saying there are too many windows open, but I see no way of closing them and then choosing lead sheet window. Only way I can now see the entire song sheet is to print it to pdf, which of course lacks all interactive features.
I don't understand the problem wither, but as a possible workaround, there is a checkbox to allow more than one copy of BIAB to run at the same time. Perhaps open two instances?
Yes, this is a major design limitation. I don't understand the logic either. One should be able to have as many windows open as required.

It's doing this in 2023 build 1011 and also in 2024 build 1108.

I would certainly prefer if this was improved and made to work properly, but the company lead has not shown support to undertake the necessary actions. I even suggested a simple workaround, it would only take a few minutes to code and test.
I just checked and it is doing it with 2023 build 1013 also. And there's such a simple fix that could correct this also. A few minutes worth of coding is all that's required.
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
Right. I had hoped that this would be resolved by now. No need for extra windows, just a flag to restore to the previous window when this one is no longer required.
Just to be clear, what I'm seeing isn't the inability to have BOTH the lead sheet and notation windows open at once: It's that the lead sheet window DOES NOT WORK. If there was a way of first closing the notation window, then opening the lead sheet window, I could live with that. That's not the case. What we have is that the recent updates have BROKEN a feature that has worked fine for years! Please fix it!!
Just to be clear, what I'm seeing isn't the inability to have BOTH the lead sheet and notation windows open at once: It's that the lead sheet window DOES NOT WORK. If there was a way of first closing the notation window, then opening the lead sheet window, I could live with that. That's not the case. What we have is that the recent updates have BROKEN a feature that has worked fine for years! Please fix it!!
Well, I think I agree with you.
The problem is that you cannot have the Notation Window and the Lead Sheet Window open simultaneously.
If you open the Notation Window, then select the Lead Sheet Window, the Notation Window immediately changes to the Chord Chart Window.
Is that the same problem that you are having?

In your previous version, could you have the "lead sheet and notation windows open at once"? I don't believe that I was ever able to do this.
What was the version that you updated from that previously worked?
You're right; I don't think the lead sheet and notation windows ever displayed at once. When I am in notation window and select lead sheet, it switches to the CHORD window instead, so presumably the notation window closes. Doesn't seem like the problem is trying to open a second window, but rather the WRONG window is opening. At least I'm glad to hear it's a code update problem and not me!
© PG Music Forums