PG Music Home
Posted By: DFT Utility Tracks Mute Automation - 12/01/22 06:49 PM
I believe there has been a lot of chatter about the inability to use bar settings on the utility tracks.

Hmmm ... how hard would it by to implement automating the mute button in the mixer? You could right click on it and have a context menu to select bar ranges to mute. Then a '+' button to add another section to mute, etc.

This would be an infinitely superior workflow than going track by track and inserting silence from the audio editor.

I think the issue with the legacy tracks is mostly about the MIDI channels for the 'band.'

Of course that could even be cooler if you also had shots and holds generation available. But at least it would be a first step.

Any reason automation couldn't be implemented in the mixer? It could have a lot of future benefits with respect to real time adjustment of other mixer controls and possibly even accessible parameters of hosted plugins.

Yes, I want everything.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Utility Tracks Mute Automation - 12/02/22 09:22 AM
+1

"inability to use bar settings on the utility tracks."

P.S. I am probably the last person here on the forum to suggest a "workaround", but you can edit mutes (volumes) within ACW or Audio views. The issue with that it is a quite a multi step process (if you are muting/unmuting several tracks), not for fast track sketches / arrangements.

Posted By: Funkifized Re: Utility Tracks Mute Automation - 12/04/22 08:17 PM
How would one edit mutes in ACW?
Posted By: DFT Re: Utility Tracks Mute Automation - 12/04/22 08:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#

P.S. I am probably the last person here on the forum to suggest a "workaround", but you can edit mutes (volumes) within ACW or Audio views. The issue with that it is a quite a multi step process (if you are muting/unmuting several tracks), not for fast track sketches / arrangements.

TY, Rusty.

I'd actually forgotten about muting by drawing automation in the Audio Editor ... probably exactly because is is so convoluted. As any 'Major DAW ... errh ... Dude' will tell you.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Utility Tracks Mute Automation - 12/04/22 09:03 PM
Like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ehzk6ejvonv30t/Flashback%20-%20Dec%204%2C%202022%2018_57_15.mp4?dl=0

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I started a related topic specifically on the approach in the video:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=741973#Post741973
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Utility Tracks Mute Automation - 12/05/22 07:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Funkifized
How would one edit mutes in ACW?

I strongly urge you to please start a separate post with this question. It's likely to get better attention that way.
© PG Music Forums