PG Music Home
IMO, these two features were designed to do exactly the same, both both uses different dialogs and operate with some slight differences. There are even users wondering which are the differences, and to be honest I wondered the same the first time I read about 2023 new features:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=99375&Number=745009#Post745009
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=99299&Number=744129#Post744129

As Rustyspoon said:
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
I believe the only important item we are missing is the riff "history" from modal F8. If that is transplanted to Alt-F8 then not sure who would want to use older "Multiriff" workflow and why would we need both?

If it is possible, I think that is the way to go and just retire old multiriff modal approach.

...if both dialogs were combined in one, by adding the lacking features of the old Multiriff Dialog box to the new, floating, ALT+F8 dialog, it would be simpler and more intuitive.

Attached picture Multiriff Window.png
Attached picture Regenerate Part Window.png
+1 and Drums and UserTracks
The older, older Multiriff is still there also that gave 7 tracks of the same instrument or certain bars before Utility tracks were implemented, if it's going to be kept it should now put the 7 Riffs on the Utility tracks but it used F5 mute for bar/s section Riffs and there is no F5 for Util tracks frown

The older F8 Multiriff you had to go into F7 first to set the track on Bluesy Simple Direct Input Held but now the new picker has these options.
Yes, IMO, the older (2020) Multirrif feature (Right button over any track > Select Realtracks > Generate seven variations of WAVs) is obsolete, can be confusing (specially for newcomers), and could be removed from BIAB without any problems. The newer multiriff (2022) and partial regeneration (2023) features simply works much better.

1+
ALT+F8 workflow makes top 3 features of 2023 for me. Saves so much time!

No need for extra layer of unneeded complexity of older (modal jailed window).
The only item that I truly miss in new ALT-F8 window is the "history" of riffs.

P.S. Here is another food for thought. If pop-up (Alt+F8) is non-modal, why do we need it in the form of something "floating" which taking space of the screen? It well can be done in the form of an elegant "strip" on the top (or bottom) of the screen, that can be made viewable or hidden per user needs. This is MEGA feature that I believe should have its own say in GUI.
It could be dockable like the Mixer this way working at higher resolutions you can move it to where you need.

Zoom-+
+1 Dockable / scalable

P.S. Musocity, wow that Alt+F8 is so tiny on your screen. I have a decent resolution screen, but that pop up is at least twice the size.
You may have scaling set to 125% or 150% in Display Settings ?
When you run at 3840 you can use ctrl+alt mouse wheel to zoom/pan in/out the screen.

@ 1920 it's big:

The features are similar, but not identical. So we plan on retaining them both. If you don’t use one of them, it shouldn’t affect anything.
© PG Music Forums