PG Music Home
My Laptop currently displays only five recently opened BIAB files and my Desktop I think displays eight.

I thought there would be an option to set the number of recent files, but support advised there is no option for this.

Would be really handy if this could be user defined. I typically have about a dozen song files that I am working on and this would be easier than going File / Open Song / and then searching for the song location.

Tx.

Phil.
I think I've only ever seen 5, but definitely I could use more.

Note that the Song Picker can show many more Recent songs, but the File menu item is the fastest way to open recent songs.

+1
+1 from me, too.

In the meantime, when I want to find an older song, I used "Open Special | Open Favorite Songs" and make sure the "Recently Played" is active.
There could be a sub menu

File > Recent >
that could display a full page of recently opened, this would be better than having to browse for the SGU/MGU
I would not add one more option to the already cluttered preferences screen, since Shift + F3 already opens the Favorite / Recentry played songs window directly.

Having said that,

Originally Posted By: musocity
There could be a sub menu

File > Recent >
that could display a full page of recently opened, this would be better than having to browse for the SGU/MGU

Seems a better and easier option to me.

About twenty years ago, we were discussing the increasingly unusual fact that BIAB as an application program would run on its own without being installed. In fact, about the only way to make sure BIAB would NOT work was to install it into /Program Files.

The only exception was that the fonts required for notation were installed into Windows with other fonts. At that time, I scoured the Windows Registry for entries from BIAB. The only ones besides the seven PG Fonts were the up-to-ten entries for the most recently accessed songs.

I do not know if that is still the case, but if this is important to someone, take a look now.
Good suggestion. Should be easy to add that, using a sub-menu.
© PG Music Forums