PG Music Home
Posted By: Gary Curran VST Plug-in support for multiple styles - 12/27/22 10:02 PM
I would like to see support for multiple styles added to the VST. I have a song where I've used three styles, for example DIXIMQT, _Jalopy, _DIXIMED styles, especially where '_Jalopy' has a clarinet solo, I would like to see those styles and associated parts, be generated by the VST. Currently, they aren't and do not generate.

For now, my workaround is to have Cakewalk and Band In A Box open on two different monitors and I have to drag the tracks from BIAB to Cakewalk, I can't open the VST Plugin and be able to generate the tracks from multiple styles since the VST doesn't recognize more than the A and B styles.

Thank you.

Gary
So time to review. I spoke with tech support and it got sent up to e-mail support.
I'm not exactly sure what I did, but here's the results so far. I created a new file of 'On Green Dolphin Street' from new. I used two styles, a jazz style and a Bossa Nova style.

1. Saving the song as a .sgu and then opening the file in Cakewalk with the BIAB VST recognizes the part markers, but only as ‘a’ and ‘b’, NOT ‘c’ and ‘d.’ However, and I don’t know what happened, I now can use the bar settings and change the styles to the appropriate style, i.e., the ‘c’ and ‘d’ parts from the original .sgu. However, they have the ‘red lined box’ in the ‘a’ and ‘b’ part markers, but the proper style is there.

2. It does not import style changes from the .sgu, you must put them in once it’s in the DAW, in my case, Cakewalk.

3. I had three choruses in my song. For whatever reason, it did not generate anything after bar 36, which is where the repeat started. The VST was quiet and when I moved the wave files over to Cakewalk, they weren’t there. So, no generation of the song for repeat choruses.
a. Using the ‘K’ shortcut or the Copy and Paste functions did not copy the part markers or the style changes.

So, I CAN get the styles to change now by switching them in the VST Plug-in, but I must go in and change each one manually. There are no 'c' or 'd' indicators and no ability to click through the available styles. To get them, I must open the Bar Settings dialog and manually change the style at that bar.

It does not seem to generate anything for multiple choruses, after the first chorus. I closed Cakewalk and restarted it. The same is true in Reaper. Also, if I decided to copy and paste, the part markers and style changes do not copy or paste.
Gary,

Thanks for providing the update.

At least multistyles are halfway working in the DAW plugin. That's better than not at all. I proudly stand corrected.

By the way, Band-in-a-Box's, BiaB's, original DAW mode still works and has been improved. When DAW mode is enabled the DAW box in the Drop Zone turns red. That's new for 2023 and something user AudioTrack has requested for years.

The two boxes just to the left of the DAW box switch between the normal, classic, screen mode and minimal, modern, screen mode.

To the right of the DAW box there is a drop down menu that enables or disables DAW mode as well as settings to personalize how you want the drop zone to work.

Description: Band-in-a-Box DAW mode
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
I replied to you in the other thread. I've never really used the DAW mode, maybe I'll use that in the future.

Gary
© PG Music Forums