PG Music Home
Posted By: cwiggins999 Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 12:08 PM
RealTrack channels in the mixer now have an option under the "Track Actions" to "Regenerate this RealTrack". Going to Track Actions for RealDrums and, there is no "Regenerate this RealDrum", and the existing (3) options for regenerating seem to be expecting RealTracks instead of RealDrums once you choose them and try to get something to work. This may dovetail a bit into some of the Multiriff requests I've seen, but at minimum I'd like to be able to just regenerate the RealDrum track, as I'm often trying new RealDrums and I don't think there's a way to just regenerate it. It would be a big timesaver. (Right now the only way I've seen is either to regenerate everything, or freeze all but the RealDrum and regenerate.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 01:14 PM
+1. Good idea Chuck.

It's easy for us users to consider RealDrums and RealTracks as the same thing but with two different names. Small things like this suggestion reminds us that PG Music and Band-in-a-Box treat RealDrums and RealTracks differently.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 01:23 PM
This is a good suggestion. Ideally, we could regenerate just part of a RealDrum track, too, like we now can with RealTracks.

+1
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 05:10 PM
Almost all of the existing items on the Track Actions menu are not working for RealDrums - they always ask you to pick a RealTrack. So the menu should either be redesigned and trimmed down, or RealDrums should get the riff/regen functionality. I think I'll report this part as a bug, if it isn't already listed somewhere.
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 05:16 PM
Actually the Track Actions menu is mostly the same for all track types - MIDI, Supertrack, Loop, etc. - but most of the items expect and ask for a RealTrack. I'm surprised there's not more confusion on this.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 07:19 PM
I don't think I would call this a bug because it isn't there. Let's continue to support the request to add this as a new feature.
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 07:21 PM
I think there are a number of items on the menu that shouldn't be there.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 07:28 PM
OK, that's different. I think the other forum where you posted is the better place for your ideas on that as well. This would be part of a much larger project.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 07:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
+1. Good idea Chuck.

It's easy for us users to consider RealDrums and RealTracks as the same thing but with two different names. Small things like this suggestion reminds us that PG Music and Band-in-a-Box treat RealDrums and RealTracks differently.

Real Drums are the early version of RTs, however, just for drums. While modern RTs are full audio arrangements linked up by style and chord, RDs have there orgins in the midi engine with the drum sounds being a audio library for the midi drums.

Thats the way I always understood it.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 08:00 PM
You may be right, Dan, but from the beginning they used real drummers to make the RealDrum tracks, and apparently still do. I’m not sure I see a difference.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 08:08 PM
Musocity provided the best example I know of that RealDrums are different from RealTracks. Per Musocity PowerTracks Pro can generate a RealDrums track without using a utility file that has to interface to the main Band-in-a-Box program.

I don't have PowerTracks Pro so I can't verify the claim but I have no reason to doubt it.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/15/23 08:47 PM
+1, the menus should be more consistent
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 01/16/23 04:27 PM
Definitely offering support this suggestion.
+1
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 03/03/23 09:25 PM
Chuck,
Thanks, and we plan on adding this regen RD (and other track types)
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Regeneration of RealDrum track - 03/04/23 09:56 AM
Peter +1
Cerio +1 1/2
© PG Music Forums