PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul MIDI, XML and RealTracks - 08/26/16 09:06 AM
I really enjoy BIAB 2016 for Mac for three reasons, the MIDI, XML, and RealTracks. I love being able to take a find a MIDI track online and being able to input the chords right into BIAB . Second, I being able to input XML files right into BIAB, and I just realized that you can export a song as an XML file which is so cool. Last, I am really enjoying the RealTracks. I love having recordings of real instruments played by real musicians, giving me professional quality backing tracks. I have heard people who use backing tracks that were obviously either created with MIDI files or outdated keyboard sounds, and they sound terrible to my ears.
Posted By: MarioD Re: MIDI, XML and RealTracks - 08/26/16 10:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
....... I have heard people who use backing tracks that were obviously either created with MIDI files or outdated keyboard sounds, and they sound terrible to my ears.

FYI MIDI has not sounds. They were using inexpensive MIDI sound sources. More expensive MIDI sound sources can sound equal to or better than RTs IMHO and there is a lot more editing you can do with them.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: MIDI, XML and RealTracks - 08/27/16 07:34 AM
I know that, I use the MIDI to extract the chords and then use the RTs.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MIDI, XML and RealTracks - 09/07/16 09:07 PM
That's good to mention Music XML support, which was added to version 2016. BIAB is now listed here: http://www.musicxml.com/software/
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: MIDI, XML and RealTracks - 09/08/16 06:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
I really enjoy BIAB 2016 for Mac for three reasons, the MIDI, XML, and RealTracks. I love being able to take a find a MIDI track online and being able to input the chords right into BIAB . Second, I being able to input XML files right into BIAB, and I just realized that you can export a song as an XML file which is so cool. Last, I am really enjoying the RealTracks. I love having recordings of real instruments played by real musicians, giving me professional quality backing tracks. I have heard people who use backing tracks that were obviously either created with MIDI files or outdated keyboard sounds, and they sound terrible to my ears.

Hi Inlansoul,

Glad to hear you are enjoying Band-in-a-Box! Have you considered using any of the MIDI SuperTrack styles? They're similar to RealTracks except its recorded MIDI data instead. You can find them on our Add-Ons page here: http://www.pgmusic.com/addons.supertracks.php?os=mac
© PG Music Forums