PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Transpose Audio Like Midi - 09/17/16 02:46 PM
It continually amazes me how I can enter chord progressions, listen to a RealTracks or UserTracks, transpose the chord progression to another key signature, regenerate and there it is!

Sometimes when I'm first starting to build a song I'll enter just an intro and first verse (about 20 bars), generate, listen, transpose to a different key and continually listen until I find the key signature that "feels right".

The ability to easily transpose has always been a strength for midi but RealTracks and UserTracks lets me easily transpose audio.

Don't have to worry about cut and paste, don't have to perform crossfades, don't even have to retype chords. Just change the key signature and BiaB or RealBand takes care of the rest of the work normally required to transpose audio.

To have the ability to work with audio the same way I work with midi is amazing. I transpose much more than I need to just because I can and it's fun.

I always appreciate the skill of the musicians that play on the RealTracks. To come up with riffs that sound as good in B minor as it does when played in G takes a lot more skill than I'll ever have.

My favorite thing is that Band-in-a-Box and RealBand allow me to easily transpose audio as midi.
Posted By: Will B - PG Music Re: Transpose Audio Like Midi - 09/20/16 01:01 PM
I completely agree, Band-in-a-Box's audio transposition is insanely cool and reminds me of Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" (you can tell that I know nothing about computer programming!).

But I also find it fun to crank the BPM up to 500 or down to 30 just to see what happens grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Transpose Audio Like Midi - 09/20/16 01:11 PM
It goes to 500? OK.
Posted By: Will B - PG Music Re: Transpose Audio Like Midi - 09/20/16 01:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
It goes to 500? OK.

Oh yeah cool You haven't lived until you've heard Brent Mason soloing at 500bpm!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Transpose Audio Like Midi - 09/20/16 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
It goes to 500? OK.

Oh yeah cool You haven't lived until you've heard Brent Mason soloing at 500bpm!

Doesn't your foot get tired crazy gringringrin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Transpose Audio Like Midi - 09/20/16 02:04 PM
Ok band, Caledonia at 500. Here we go.

What? How come nobody came in? I counted it out.

- You did?

Ok I'll count it again.

- Well, go ahead and count already.

I did!
Posted By: Will B - PG Music Re: Transpose Audio Like Midi - 09/20/16 02:27 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
It goes to 500? OK.

Doesn't your foot get tired crazy gringringrin

Ok band, Caledonia at 500. Here we go.

What? How come nobody came in? I counted it out.

- You did?

Ok I'll count it again.

- Well, go ahead and count already.

I did!

Haha, exactly!
Posted By: Mat - PG Music Re: Transpose Audio Like Midi - 10/18/16 09:53 PM
Changing a song to 500bpm reminds me of the movie Drumline. Love that snare roll sound.
© PG Music Forums