PG Music Home
Posted By: Dzjang Shots, holds, pushes, breaks - 09/15/17 02:08 AM
Being able to include shots, holds and pushes is a great deal! It helps make arrangements sound less "automated" and helps in emphasizing the melody of the tune.
That being said, I'd love this feature expanded, so that you can have more variety and multiple accents per beat. Think: Prince's "Diamonds and Pearls". Or Round Midnight, as played by Miles Davis with Coltrane.
This would be a great enhancement and would really open up the band and make it sound more professional.
Great for jazz tunes, too.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Shots, holds, pushes, breaks - 09/15/17 12:59 PM
Hi Dzjang,

You have a nice idea and I would like for it to receive the consideration and discussion it deserves. However, in "My favorite Things" the idea might be overlooked since you're suggesting an change and this is not the place to suggest changes.

More people might view the post and show support for your idea if you move the post to the +++ Band-in-a-Box Wishlist +++ section of the forum.

I agree with your thought that shots, holds pushes and breaks add a lot of capability to the program.
Posted By: jford Re: Shots, holds, pushes, breaks - 09/15/17 02:42 PM
I can't imagine creating an accompaniment using BIAB without having shots, holds, and rests.
© PG Music Forums