PG Music Home
Hi!

After contributing a couple of things to the forum's wishlist and before adding more of them, I'd also like to state now, that in my opinion BiaB belongs to the best music programs on the market at all.

Anyway, being among the best - or maybe even being the best - does for sure still not mean being perfect or close to perfect. But I think that this application has the potential to get there, and that's why I'm willing to spend some of my currently unfortunately quite rare time to give feedback and to contribute my suggestions.

I'm quite happy that I've found my way to the BiaB application, as well as I'm looking forward to the further path of this program smile
That sounds good, and perfectly normal. Only a few of us are professional musicians. Most here are probably like you.

You’ve already posted some good questions. Even after nearly thirty years with BIAB, I learn something new every day. I like to ask questions in the main product forum and be sure something is really missing or not working, before I post in the Wishlist. But do it any way you like. The observations of new users are always very valuable.
Hey Matt,

sure, that's why in two of the three cases I first asked in the BiaB for Windows forum before posting in the Wishlist forum smile

My impression so far is that most of the active forum members use BiaB more for music production purposes or to export backing tracks (for band members and such) than as a realtime playalong tool. Not sure about that, but at the beginning I wasn't aware of the quite different perspectives that will probably result from that.
I think your impression is correct, but there are many here who do perform live to BIAB tracks. The infrequent times when I do this, I use a SONY WAV/MP3 player into the house PA. I decided a few decades ago I didn't want to bring a computer to the gig. Bob 'Notes' Norton does use a laptop, but he takes two of everything.
Ah! So this might also explain why you have the Audiophile edition? To get the best sound quality for your gigs?
Pretty much everything I know about the tech aspect is in a post I wrote in the Tips and Tricks Forum. It's the second sticky post.

As for why, I'm a composer of Brazilian jazz. I get inspired by having the best sounds in my demos.
Cool thing, Matt - one of my favourite genres. I own a lot of Brazilian Music albums. Astrud, Joao, Sylvia Telles, Sergio, Jorge Ben, Elis, but also newer stuff like Seu Jorge, Be Ignacio, Emicida ... and so on.

I'll check out your Tips and Tricks :-)
Welcome to the forum. Yes, I use ScanScore frequently for scanning sheet music. I also like PDFtoMusic Pro if the music in in a PDF format.

But BIAB is the best music application on the market for me.
Emman, where to begin? Scan Score Professional is very good software. The problem is that the state of the art for this type of software is modest, certainly not great. This software may help you if several things are true: the sheet music is clean, oriented precisely in the scanner, and is the product of a professional publisher. Otherwise, you will probably get so many scanning errors that you have to decide whether correcting the scan is easier than keying in the whole score manually.

I also use Smart Score 64 Pro by MusiTek. Sometimes it works better, sometimes not.

If you have the score in PDF format, PDFtoMusic Pro is best. But it's expensive. And again, it matters who made the PDF and from what.

All of these can save a score in Music XML format, which is the best way to get it into a dedicated notation program. You can see mine in my signature, but I'm familiar with many and have served as a beta tester for two.

© PG Music Forums