PG Music Home
BIAB offers so many features that we often forget that the program is, first and foremost, an enormous musical database, probably the largest of its kind in the world.

I'm not thinking just in rhtymc patterns ("Chording" realtracks), but specially in soloist realtracks, offering hours and hours of recordings and licks from some of the biggest names in the world: Pat Martino, Eric Marienthal, Ron Carter, Eric Alexander, Jeff Lorber, Mike Ledonne, Mike Stern, Phil Woods, Kenny Barron...to name a few! And not to forget the MIDI soloist which still work great!

With all this material at your disposal, and the ability of generating a solo bar by bar, is now easier than ever to create a great solo that makes musical sense over any chord progression, which makes BIAB one of the best tools any music student could dream.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB as musical database - 12/26/21 03:15 PM
I agree 100%. In addition Band-in-a-Box is a great music appreciation and theory learning tool. While using Band-in-a-Box I've gradually absorbed a better understanding of feel, vocabulary, genres, the guitar fretboard and piano keyboard.
© PG Music Forums