PG Music Home
Hello All,

I am running Windows 11 and run BIAB off of the BIAB DISK. Is there any way I can install BIAB 2023 over my 2022 DISK, or do I have to add ALL of my updates and addons to the new 2023 disk??? It is really a PITA adding all of those files and any easy suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave
By DISK, I assume you mean the USB drive that PG Music ships.

I keep the installation files for all add-ons I purchase, so if I didn't install to a computer but only used external drives like it seems you are doing, I can run each of those add-on installation files to update any new drive. It doesn't take terribly long but I agree it's annoying. If you did not save those installation files and you purchased from PG Music, you can log on to your account (not the forum) and download them again.

Once you've finished updating the 2023 drive, consider connecting both the 2023 and 2022 drives, and backing up the 2023 onto the 2022. Give that some time to run undisturbed, especially if you have the nearly 2 TB audiophile version. Now you have a working up-to-date backup.

Does that help?
Generally the installation put a few things onto the C: drive and the bulk into the /bb/ folder, so if your 2022 is in E:/bb and you your new 2023 is on F: the install will likely detect E:/bb and install to=he new stuff there. If for any reason it doesn't you can just tell it when you get to that point. Normally I believe it also copies the older .exe files away for safe keeping.

You can keep BiaB's RealDrums and RealTracks separately as well if you wish.
© PG Music Forums