PG Music Home
Posted By: Joseph Land Problem with TablEdit v3.03 [Resolved] - 04/03/23 02:39 PM
In the newest version of TablEdit which is v3.03 a3b I am seeing the following:

1. If in the options you uncheck "Capo Does Not Impact Notation" AND you change the tab to show a Capo on the say the 2nd fret, the playback will play back a full step up as should.

2. However if you check "Capo Does Not Impact Notation" and you change the the tab to show a Capo on the 2nd fret, the tab WILL NOT play a full step up even though you have capo'ed on the 2nd fret.

In previous versions, if you checked "Capo Does Not Impact Notation" and changed the tab to show a Capo on the 2nd fret, the tab would play up a full step and the notation would not reflect that change, as it should per the settings.

This has always been the case in past versions and I noticed this error yesterday when I upgraded.

I just tested the same guitar tab on an older version (v3.02b2) and the program behaves normally.

I also noticed that the only major change in the new version is "For banjo players, the 5th string management before version 3.01 is back with some improvements. The "5th string pegged to main capo" option is maintained but is now an option."

Anyone else using the latest version notice the same results?

In summary:

Setting: "Capo doesn't impact notation" is unchecked and you capo up 2 frets, song will up a full step and the notation will move up a full step up as it should .

Setting: "Capo doesn't impact notation" is checked and you capo up 2 frets, song will still sound as if no capo is installed. This is incorrect. The notation will not change BUT the playback will not change either.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Problem with TablEdit v3.03 - 04/12/23 05:40 PM
Just heard back from Matthieu Leschemelle on this problem. He is aware of it and will correct it hopefully in the next release of TablEdit.

"Hi,

This was a youthful sin of the a3 version. The new option is of course only for the banjo.

Good point about the advanced option "Capo doesn't impact notation". I'll fix it.

Matthieu."
© PG Music Forums