PG Music Home
Posted By: JazSun Technical Support. - 05/27/23 04:19 AM
Hi.
I am a Band-in-a-Box user.
I'm having trouble activating the program.
I wrote to tech support. Here is the answer
" What is the serial number you're trying to activate? We'll look into it".
It's a bit like the lady at the bank asking for the password to my account.
Is this normal practice on this site?
Jaz
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Technical Support. - 05/27/23 05:38 AM
perfectly normal - they need to know so they can cehck the acivations already made and then help out
Posted By: rharv Re: Technical Support. - 05/27/23 08:43 AM
Agreed, a serial number is not a password.
No worries.
I'd be concerned if they asked for the credit card number used for the purchase, not the serial number that they assigned to your purchase.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Technical Support. - 05/27/23 10:07 AM
The Serial number possibly assists them to know exactly what version of the product you are using, as well as previous activations etc. Perfectly OK. They'll definitely be looking to help you, nothing more.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Technical Support. - 05/27/23 12:15 PM
Yes, as above, that is normal, and safe.

You may be able to do some of the support yourself. Go to the Portal page (below) and register for or log in to your account. This is NOT the same as the User Forums, where we are now. PG Music has all the information about your purchases.

https://www.pgmusic.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=0c04f3da82938f32c44615a0b20da25d&Screen=LOGN&Order=0&Store_Code=pgmusic&langid=
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Technical Support. - 05/27/23 07:41 PM
The majority of the responses above are offering good advice. Reach out to PG Music for help.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Technical Support. - 05/28/23 05:01 AM
We're allowed three concurrent activations, though we're expected to use only one at a time. If we want to activate a fourth computer because, say, we've bought a new one, we must deactivate one of the other three. If we forget to do that or the computer has failed or been upgraded, we'll have an 'orphan' activation wasting one of the three. If that happens, PGM can sort it out, but they do want the serial number of your BIAB to do that. I suspect they could find your serial number themselves, but they probably want to double-check that your request is genuinely from you, both so that they can protect themselves from software pirates and also so they can protect you from someone stealing your licence.

PGM are good people. They are friendly and they are usually able to help.
Posted By: JohnSilver Re: Technical Support. - 05/31/23 04:03 PM
Hi
I am a new user and cannot find how to make a new post.
For tech support ----

I open asio driver pane and it opens ok.
At the bottom a message comes up with Windows Error 117
I wasjust about to look at the latency properties

All the Best
John
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Technical Support. - 05/31/23 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnSilver
Hi
I am a new user and cannot find how to make a new post.
For tech support ----

I open asio driver pane and it opens ok.
At the bottom a message comes up with Windows Error 117
I wasjust about to look at the latency properties

All the Best
John
Hi John. Welcome to the forum. I wasn't familiar with that error, but Google sure is. It has to do with device drivers. To help you, we're going to need to have more information. We are only fellow users here, but we're pretty good, and if it's a fault of BIAB, a few of us can get PG Music involved. But may I suggest you start a new thread, so this one doesn't get lost?
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Technical Support. - 06/05/23 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: JazSun
Hi.
I am a Band-in-a-Box user.
I'm having trouble activating the program.
I wrote to tech support. Here is the answer
" What is the serial number you're trying to activate? We'll look into it".
It's a bit like the lady at the bank asking for the password to my account.
Is this normal practice on this site?
Jaz

Indeed, this is perfectly normal for us to ask. We generally check if the serial number is valid and has activation slots available before anything else, as those are the two most common reasons that activation doesn't work. Please be assured that your serial number, order number, name, address, phone number, and email address cannot be used to look up your credit card or banking info.
© PG Music Forums