PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 07:21 AM
Have done a complete re-install of windows 10 after their [*****] ups.
Main problem now is that I can't record ANY streaming audio from you tube or any other source. I use that mainly for making jingles for my radio shows.
My interface is a behringer UMC04HD usb, which worked fine until the mess with windows started.
It'll record ok using a mike. I've tried in 3 different audio programmes, Sound forge 10, Adobe Audition 3 and Audacity.
My guess is that it's a windows problem as there's no movement in the VU meters when I try to record.
Windows DOES see the UMC204, but nothing happens.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 09:29 AM
Check the Windows mixer (easily accessed through the little speaker icon in the lower right). Possibly Mute got turned on.
Posted By: furry Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 09:36 AM
Wish it was that simple Matt, no mutes to be see anywhere. I CAN playback anything from anywhere and the sound is wonderful, just can't record apart from vocals
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 10:28 AM
Graham, the only way that I can record streaming audio in Win 10 with Audacity was to use WASAPI drivers. Nothing else worked for me. Did you try changing drivers?
Posted By: furry Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 11:01 AM
Yeah audacity can see the wasapi drivers yet despite enabling & disabling, nothin seems to pay any dividends so far
Posted By: furry Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 04:52 PM
had a look in Windows volume mixer control. It's showing up as a recording device, but there's no signal getting to the meter.
I havn't changed any of the settings or moved cables, everything's exactly the same as it was before the anniversary update, so what's goin on ???????
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 05:42 PM
Perhaps a Windows update.

You're sure the recording section of the Windows mixer is ok?
Posted By: sslechta Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 05:46 PM
Hit Properties from the Recording Device (Windows Volume Mixer) and go to the Advanced tab. Make sure your bit rate and sampling rate are set to what you need for recording. Windows may have reverted to the basic 16 bit, 44.1 KHz on update. I usually am set at 96 KHz, etc....

Go through all the other properties tabs there and check your settings.
Posted By: furry Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 06:35 PM
Had gone back to 16 right enough, however, on adobe audition it's showing up as not connected making me think it's a driver issue
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 07:35 PM
OK. You checked the Behringer site for updated drivers, and if they have a forum, other people's problems?
Posted By: furry Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/11/16 07:38 PM
Yep have the latest drivers and firmware, and checked a couple of forums
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/12/16 08:10 AM
"I can't record ANY streaming audio from you tube or any other source. I use that mainly for making jingles for my radio shows."

It is easier to just download the youtube videos https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/

There are sites also that you just put the youtube link in and it will let you download as mp4 or mp3.
Just google download youtube video or download youtube video as mp3.

If you are doing radio shows you should have VoiceMeeter Banana http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
it will also record streams.

You can set Audition to Voicemeeter ASIO AUX another app to Voicemeeter ASIO, hardware Mic in, and set the output to your audio device, this will mix all your sources.
Posted By: furry Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/12/16 12:12 PM
Thanks for that excellent link
Posted By: furry Re: Can't record streaming audio - 10/12/16 12:22 PM
EVERYTHING WORKING IN Voicemeter !! THANKS !!
Posted By: YuliaS Re: Can't record streaming audio - 11/09/20 12:17 AM
Any further update on this topic? I've encountered the same problem and until now nothing helps to work it out. I'm not an advanced user like you guys but simply record some raw narrated video footage with audio by using a screencasting app called RecMaster...
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Can't record streaming audio - 12/12/20 04:21 PM
Haha, I have to laugh at this because I used to think that too. Not an advanced user, all I want to do is...

If you're working with audio and video you're an advanced user by definition. Keep reading until the light goes on in your brain and then you can explain it to others. This stuff is not intuitive or easy, audio and video lives in their own little world.

Bob
© PG Music Forums