PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Sound issues - 05/22/17 10:21 PM
Hi, I have 2017 BiaB with the ultra pack. Somewhere I must have changed a setting, either in the software or the laptop.
When I have BiaB open I can't play any other music file, eg an mp3 in another file location...itunes for instance.
Even the audio on You tube is muted ??!!
When I exit BiaB it all comes back??!!
I'm sure it was all good at some stage.............any clues??
Thanks in advance
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Sound issues - 05/23/17 02:39 AM
Is the ASIO Always On checked ?

Attached picture BB-ASIO-AlwaysOn.jpg
Posted By: wish Re: Sound issues - 05/23/17 09:21 AM
Hope you can open this. Looks ok?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzju641blolxnjn/Screenshot%202017-05-23%2017.33.36.png?dl=0

I think this has just started since I got the midi keyboard working without latency
Posted By: wish Re: Sound issues - 05/23/17 09:29 AM
This is my midi setup....I think

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30214162/Screenshot%202017-05-23%2021.57.20.png
Posted By: MarioD Re: Sound issues - 05/23/17 01:30 PM
In preferences/audio do you have ASIO selected?

ASIO driver audio setting

If it is then try changing it to MME and see if you can load MP3s etc.

Although I have no experience with ASIO4ALL I have heard that it may or may not work with some audio interfaces. If you are going to use ASIO you should invest in an audio interface that has native ASIO drivers.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Sound issues - 05/23/17 05:54 PM
If you un-check Always On you will get sound for the system audio when BB is stopped.

You can use Voicemeeter Banana, this will give you Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO for Biab and Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO for the Windows System audio like youtube and reatrack/style picker preview at the same time.
You can use HiFi cable and Virtual cable to give more inputs to Voicemeeter, they are free also on the voicemeeter site.

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Attached picture BB-Voicemeeter.jpg
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Sound issues - 05/23/17 09:10 PM
Why do you guys continually answer questions when the question is OBVIOUSLY IN THE WRONG FORUM??

Don't the FAQ's mean anything at all?

Wish, nothing against you but this is a Band in a Box question, and it belongs in the Biab forum. Just read the FAQ at the top of this Tech S.O.S. forum and you'll see why.

Bob
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sound issues - 05/23/17 11:04 PM
Maybe it turned out to be a BIAB question, but I'm not sure that was clear at the outset. Until someone knows for sure I don't see anything wrong with asking for help in this forum. Let's be gentle.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Scale Insects Issuse - 05/24/17 12:28 AM
The orange tree has some scale on it now as it has a lot of sooty mold, the ants seem to be farming the scale.
So I need something organic to get rid of the scale and keep the ants from coming up the trunk ????
Posted By: rharv Re: Sound issues - 05/24/17 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Why do you guys continually answer questions when the question is OBVIOUSLY IN THE WRONG FORUM??

Don't the FAQ's mean anything at all?

Wish, nothing against you but this is a Band in a Box question, and it belongs in the Biab forum. Just read the FAQ at the top of this Tech S.O.S. forum and you'll see why.

Bob

Bob
Maybe to you this is a BiaB question.
However the OP says early on that he doesn't know if this is a BiaB issue or Windows .. and I understand why. Changing a BiaB Driver may affect the way everything in Windows now works.

If I make a device's driver become 'exclusive' for my use (BiaB), other apps are going to complain or fail.
It could be a complex issue in my experience, and the solution may involve both Windows and BiaB ..
When I read the quote below from the OP I hear either the software (BiaB) or the laptop (Windows).
Quote:
Somewhere I must have changed a setting, either in the software or the laptop.

Posted By: wish Re: Sound issues - 05/25/17 04:01 AM
Sorry if this bothered you Bob but as the heading suggests

SOS - General technical questions regarding computers or music equipment.

My BiaB is working fine, just my laptop and music players aren't functioning at the same time as BiaB is open.
Still working on the suggestions above so will get back with another post.............if thats ok??
Cheers
Posted By: wish Re: Sound issues - 05/25/17 08:35 AM
For those who are happy to continue this thread, I have downloaded the Voicemeeter and settings are - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30214162/Screenshot%202017-05-25%2020.56.10.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30214162/Screenshot%202017-05-25%2020.56.19.png

I don't have any sound from BiaB but the other music files are playing. Getting closer??
Posted By: wish Re: Sound issues - 05/25/17 08:53 AM
This seems to work....haven't tried the latency on the midi keyboard yet.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30214162/Screenshot%202017-05-25%2021.16.37.png

Unfortunately or otherwise, I'm off from the Land of Oz to the Land of Biab (vancouver Island and beyond) for 2 months so will have to work it out when I get back.
Thanks
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Sound issues - 05/25/17 12:01 PM
You need to have the voicemeeter mixer running and the output set to your onboard sound device.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Sound issues - 05/25/17 02:58 PM
Quote:
When I exit BiaB it all comes back??!!

It's a setting inside Biab, therefore it's a Biab question.

Also, how can someone ask a question like this without first giving us the basics of their system and none of you guys even asked for that. Is it Win10 or what?

Sorry.

Bob
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sound issues - 05/25/17 03:12 PM
Yes, that could be helpful, but he already showed he has BIAB 2017 for Windows, and I haven't seen evidence in this thread of anything where the answer would be different in Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.
Posted By: wish Re: Sound issues - 05/26/17 04:43 AM
Have now updated my profile....wondered how you did that.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Sound issues - 06/08/17 04:31 PM
Hi Wish - have you tried resetting your program's factory settings? That could very likely solve this issue for you! Under Options select Return to Factory Settings and then choose Return ALL to Factory Settings. Hopefully you get this sorted soon!
© PG Music Forums